trunk lock removal - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trunk lock removal
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:00 PM
ok, this may be a stupid question with an easy solution, but here goes anyway....i just got my new cf trunk and am wanting to switch them out tonight. i gave a quick look under the trunk during lunch today and saw the only potential problem being the trunk lock.

i was wondering how to remove the actual trunk lock. i see the little metal clip that needs to be removed from inside the trunk, but how to i get the actual lock out? any help is appreciated. thanks.

Re: trunk lock removal
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:22 PM
That clip is it . It connects the cylinder to the Hole of the trunk. Push the clip down from the top, Then push the cylinder out.

After I saw thats the only thing holding it in it made me wonder how secure the stuff in my trunk was.

I did mine when Donavan and I changed trunk lids on the side of Rt83 in PA. If you have power locks/or remote entry.....make sure to disconnect the line to the actuator too. ( i remembered the hard way) and dont lose the clip or youre screwed.

Say it with me, "Its not what you know...It's what you can prove"

Re: trunk lock removal
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:42 PM
thanks for the input! sounds easy enough, so i'll hopefully run into no problems tonight.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search