sunfire lambo door installation - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sunfire lambo door installation
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:43 PM
I was just woundering if when installing lambo do i have to take both the hood and front bumper off. TY

Re: sunfire lambo door installation
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:51 PM
you don't have to... but it doesn't hurt anything. the hood is held on by 4 bolts that hold on the fenders, so you're gonna have to remove those anyway, might as well just put the hood somewhere out of the way. as for the front bumper, that will only be held up by the upper middle part. i'd take it off just so it isn't hanging there by that part.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:18 PM
I left my bumper on. Took the hood off cuz I had to remove the bolts anyway. Make sure to buy new nuts instead of trying to use the stock ones on the new hinges. I didn't read far enough ahead and ended up having to grind the washer down that's attatched to the stock nuts. I'm only partly installed right now but I have everything figured out on what I need to finish up and how to do my passenger side without all the hassle. And remember: DON'T REMOVE YOUR DOOR. That is all.

Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:23 PM
well when i installed mine, the hood needs to be removed since you're taking the fenders off...so you'll need to take off the hood, fenders and skirts to make things easier

the bumper is fine to leave on

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search