toyota power folding mirrors - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
toyota power folding mirrors
Monday, June 27, 2005 3:38 PM
hey i need wiring diagrams and pictures of the toyota cavalier mirrors installation.....

i got them and i counted 36 wires and nothinig about putting it together as one

Re: toyota power folding mirrors
Monday, June 27, 2005 4:26 PM
36 wires huh..
lol do a search for hot to wire toyota mirrors and you will see it. im to tierd to search my self and link it lol.

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Monday, June 27, 2005 4:29 PM
Here Ill give it to you..this once..becasue I know afetr you read it the next question will be..

Ok where do I get a relay?

Props to OrangeZ24..I got this when I had to "search"..lol

Author: Orange Z24
Date: 08-01-03 07:24 PM

Ok today is a great day for all you Toyota Cavalier, mirror owners. I have made directions to wire up the mirrors. Yes, you will be able to fold them by a push of a button or your remote keyless entry that is if you want to go the extra step. These directions are if you have power mirrors already. If not you are going to need a lot of wire. You should have the connectors, the relay box (black box), and the switch for the Toyota Cavalier. If not contact, the people you got them from if you cannot get them from them contact www.street-line.net to get these parts.
If your mirrors are off Ebay, you probable did not get the wire harness. That is why I am taking the time to write this for you people. Ok now that we have gotten that out of the way, here we go and bear with me first time doing this.

First things first do not connect the wires permantly until the end.
Tools required
1. Wire strippers, at least one good pair
2. Test light or voltmeter. You want to make sure your grabbing the right wires right.
3. Soldering iron and some solder. If you are and anal person
4. Butt connectors for 14 gauge wire
5. 14 gauge wire, in a couple different colors. You want to wire the other mirrors right. A 50ft roll is good and plenty (NO LESS).
6. Heat shrink or electrical tape for your connections
7. Eye connectors for the relay ground.

STEP ONE
Ok take apart your doors if you cannot do this, then smack your self in the head and sell your mirrors. After your door is apart, unbolt your old mirrors and cut the wires to the mirror. Now mount your mirrors if you were lucky and got coupe mirrors you bastard. If you got sedan mirrors break out the saw zaw you?e going need to make them fit. On the other hand, you can have a body man fit them to your car. Either way make sure you have access to the mirror wires.

You should have the wire connector for the power door lock, the stock mirror switch and Toyota mirror wires hanging there. Cut your stock mirror switch off, right before the connector. Peel back the factory electrical tape and separate the wires. Stock wires on the switch should be orange, black, red, blue, white, and green.

Now let? look at the Toyota switch and connector for the mirrors.
It should have 8 wires on the connector! If not you may have got, a different year switch and connector then me. It should have these color wires on it.

White Yellow
Black/White Red/WhiteBrown/White
Green
Black Yellow

Now look at the stock wires you just cut. The Toyota mirror switch and the stock switch have the same color wires for the left mirror .If you want to test it, connect the following wires together temporarily. White, the yellow right next to it and the green to the wires you just cut, this is the control the left mirror. To power the switch connect the orange and black to the bottom black and yellow wires. It should now work and you can control the mirror, if not your switch is either set on the right side or it doesn? work right. Get a new switch

STEP TWO
Ok mounting the switch. Pick a spot and make sure you can reach it with the wires you will be using. I put mine in the door next to the power door lock.
Now that you picked a spot blah, blah, blah. Look at your relay. It should have eleven wires.

BLUE/BLACK PINK/BLACK
TOP GREY/BLACK RED/BLACK
OF -> ORANGE BLACK
RELAY YELLOW/BLACK
GREEN/BLACK BROWN/BLACK
ORANGE/BLACK WHITE/BLACK

Ok find a place to mount the relay and make sure you can reach it with the wires.

STEP THREE

Here is the hard part. Left mirror white yellow wires right next to each other on the switch to same color wires on left mirror. Right mirror is the red/white, and brown/white wires same colors of the right mirror.
The green wire goes to both left and right mirrors. You need to connect the blue/white wire from the right mirror to the green wire on the left mirror and then connect them to the green wire on the switch. Do not permanently connect and of the wires yet unless you are positive you got the colors right. you can temporarily connect the power (yellow) and ground (black) to test it again to make sure the mirrors themselves are working.

Relay wiring. Pink/black, red/black, brown/black, and white/black go to the left mirror. Match color to color. Same with the right blue/black, orange/black, green/black, and grey/black same as left match color to color. Now your almost done.

The power wires are yellow on the switch and orange on the relay. The ground is black on both. Remember the yellow and black on the bottom of the switch are the power and ground.
By now you should have 2 wires left the yellow black on the relay and the black white on the switch. Put them together.

Test. They should fold if not you @!#$ up that? why I said not to connect the wires permanitly yet. See now you can go back and fix them.

STEP FOUR
EXTRA STEP
If you want to be slick you can hook the black white wire from the switch to the power door lock blue wire. When you lock the doors the mirrors will fold in by them selves but you will need to open them by the switch when you get in the car. It looks cool. If you hit the lock button they fold hit it again they open.

Well there you go
Have fun

Say it with me, "Its not what you know...It's what you can prove"

Monday, June 27, 2005 9:24 PM
dude that would be perfect if i already had power mirrors

but i was lucky enought to get all of the stuff with it.....not just mirrors...... that should help

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 3:21 AM
sinrocker wrote:dude that would be perfect if i already had power mirrors

but i was lucky enought to get all of the stuff with it.....not just mirrors...... that should help

But the question is do you have both relay's?

xbluex

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 5:09 AM
there is three boxs with wires, one has the switches on it, another has four wires on it, and another has a bunch of wires can't tell you how many right now cause i am at work

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 6:11 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:

xbluex

Sin rocker the only really different part you have to do is wire the mirrors to a 12v power source other than that the instructions should still work.

You'll just need more wire. Plus from what it sounds like you may have both relays. Cant get any easier.

Me, Im still looking for the damn relay..pretty much figured they were mythical creatures...

Say it with me, "Its not what you know...It's what you can prove"

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:37 AM
lol does anyone have a wiring diagram? that would really help

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 10:16 AM
I just recieved my toyo mirrors yesterday. I have all stuff I need to install them. I just wanted make sure before I got started.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:11 AM
take pics for me and post them!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know where to put these wires

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 8:38 PM
dude. put the wires where ever you need too.

why are you haveing so much trouble with these.

. member 1244or55

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 5:10 AM
im not but there is no original wires in my car...... so i don't know which ones need to be connected

my car didn't power mirrors period............

so i have to fab up everything as far as wiring........

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:21 AM
TRD, he has a base model, we'll have to wire everything from scratch. sinrocker is worried cuz of all the from-scratch wiring and wire running to be done.

dude, i told you, simma down, we'll get er done. we have my car to use as a refrence point.

HOWEVER, a wiring diagram will save a couple hours of figuring out what wires are what.... even a stock power mirror wiring diagram will help.

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:06 AM
you should have that in your repair manual(haynes) i saw it on your desk at your house

Sunday, July 03, 2005 7:17 AM
Will these wiring instructions work for sunfire as well?

Sunday, July 03, 2005 5:55 PM
yes they will

. member 1244or55
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:29 PM
ok guys, i have my mirrors mounted and am about half way threw wiring this up. got a few questions.

first i have everything connected correctly to the switch, but for whatever reason, the drivers side mirror folded in, and will not unfold, but i am not getting anything else from it. i am assuming i have a bad switch?

second of all

"Relay wiring. Pink/black, red/black, brown/black, and white/black go to the left mirror. Match color to color. Same with the right blue/black, orange/black, green/black, and grey/black same as left match color to color. Now your almost done."

the snag i ran into here is none of these wires on the relay match... at all... please help me!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:23 PM
you have a newer set thats why the wires arent matching.. and if your mirror isnt folding back out the motors in it or the relay are done..

. member 1244or55
Saturday, September 30, 2006 2:44 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:

xbluex

both relays???? i thought there was only 1!!
i had a set of 4dr and when i tested them, i only use 1 relay and it worked fine.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 7:19 PM
Magik1109 wrote:
THE HATED ONE wrote:

xbluex

both relays???? i thought there was only 1!!
i had a set of 4dr and when i tested them, i only use 1 relay and it worked fine.

there is only one

hes slow

. member 1244or55
Sunday, May 13, 2007 2:46 PM
anyone have pics of the controller mounted?

and how do you know if the mirrors are 2 dr mirrors for sure just by looking at them?

Monday, January 13, 2014 11:04 AM
BUMP any awnser to these qquestions guys!!

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search