How do I fix this?? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How do I fix this??
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:52 PM
Hey guys, the car currently runs great but has a few dents and scratches, any idea on where I should start to repair

http://photobucket.com/twizt3dvert

Re: How do I fix this??
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:54 PM
I'd start with a new car

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:16 PM
Wow....I hope the "few dents and scratches" part is a joke.

Obviously the pillar and windshield frame are trashed, and judging by the crippled door there is rocker damage. The severity of that damage combined with what's needed to properly fix it, pretty much means if you need to ask how to fix it, it's something you shouldn't be doing yourself...and in all honesty, for what is going to cost to fix the pillar alone, aside from the rocker and making sure the body is still straight, I'd do like jnickel said and find a new car. You can probably find another vert for less than the price of repairs on that.

Structural damage like that isn't something you want to DIY if you don't have the proper experience repairing.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:34 PM
yea the whole thread was a joke, my gf got hurt pretty badly.... so much for my TRD conversion project....
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:40 PM
poor poor droptop.. at least you GF is survived that.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:19 PM
twizt3d wrote:yea the whole thread was a joke, my gf got hurt pretty badly.... so much for my TRD conversion project....

Yeah, glad she is alive and sorry for the loss.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:22 PM
The joke wasnt obvious. That car should never see the road again, and if it drive again it should be with a cage welded in the doors welded shut and a thin sheet metal top welded on, and be driven on the local circle track in whatever your local @!#$ty random car class is.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:29 PM
my bad then, but ty all for condolences :/ everyone is going to be ok that was int he car.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search