Xtreme Tuner Body Kit - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Xtreme Tuner Body Kit
Tuesday, November 06, 2012 11:55 PM
In all seriousness, why hasn't anybody made a mold of this kit? Its subtle, looks amazing, and if you do it, you'll be helping out your fellow J-Body owners plus make a few bucks extra. To me it's a win-win-win. If I had access to one and better glassing skills I would. Just my question for the day, hopefully I get an answer

Re: Xtreme Tuner Body Kit
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 1:26 AM
1) Most people in the j-body world are too cheap to invest the money into properly making the molds and everything that goes along with casting the parts...stuff adds up and everybody seems to want everything for next to nothing. I made a mold of a fellow org member's brickyard last year, and outside of having the ability to sell a mass quantity of them it wouldn't be worth my while to make repros considerin for how low I'd have to price them to make them salable.

2) most people aren't going to go for fiberglass replicas. And again like the above, even if someone made urethane repros, they are going to have a bigger price tag than what most are willing to pay. Let alone the fact that I'm guessing there aren't a ton of us around here that work with plastics like that.

3) if they were readily available in mass quantities, well..there just wouldn't really be anything special about it anymore. I used to think buddy club bumpers were ok looking, but after seeing one on every civic and it's mom, I don't wanna see another one. It'd be a shame to see the GMX kit become such a regular site, especially since I can imagine many won't end up on the most tastefully done cars.

We're all in the same boat, I've been looking for a GMX rear for 2 years and they keep slipping through my fingers, but I have to play the GMX roulette game just like everyone else.

Just my .02

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:42 AM
I was approached awhile ago about using my kit to make copies. I thought about it, but it came down to, I didnt spend years and ~$1000 for a fiberglass copy(which is what i would have gotten back). Plus the hunt makes you appreciate it ALOT more.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 3:50 AM
these posts always make me feel bad that i have a complete kit just sitting in storage that has been hacked up and needing finished..gah

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 6:34 AM
Because it's not worth anyone's time or money to do so. The cost to even reproduce it is large. Not to mention J-Body owners(99 aren't willing to pay what it would cost.

But by all means, invest your money in reproducing it and see if you make anything off it.

PS - you won't

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 6:41 AM
I actually like the stock LSS kit better.
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 8:15 AM
J03Y wrote:Because it's not worth anyone's time or money to do so. The cost to even reproduce it is large. Not to mention J-Body owners(99 aren't willing to pay what it would cost.

But by all means, invest your money in reproducing it and see if you make anything off it.

PS - you won't

Why is it whenever I see a post you make, you always come off as an a$$? lol Other than that though, thanks for the info guys, looks like I just have to hope I can get one

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:15 AM
Andrew Burley wrote:Why is it whenever I see a post you make, you always come off as an a$$?

Because I am.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 1:33 PM
Makes perfect sense now haha

Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:21 AM
Ill sell my kit. $8,000. It comes with a free turbo cavalier attached to it.

Thursday, November 08, 2012 8:15 AM
We could all go in on a single kit and split the cost...
I want mainly the front...possibly sides. So if its $1000, Id pay $300 to get ahold of a front, someone else pays $150 for each of the sides, and the 3rd person pays $300 for the rear...yay its affordable now! lol

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Thursday, November 08, 2012 11:24 PM
Just lock the thread. This has been brought up a dozen times with the same outcome. Nothing.

Friday, November 09, 2012 11:53 AM
02_redbadged wrote:Just lock the thread. This has been brought up a dozen times with the same outcome. Nothing.

Why is it whenever I see a post you make, you always come off as an a$$? lol

Friday, November 09, 2012 2:18 PM
Well I do work for extreme dimensions and if there was enough interest i could bring it up and see what I could do. What would be a price point that you guys would be willing to pay anyways? And would u want it in duraflex or urethane?
Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:26 AM
for j-body owners? $99.99 shipped and yea... you'd pry sell em.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:03 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:for j-body owners? $99.99 shipped and yea... you'd pry sell em.

Is that the best you can do?

I only got $80. But if you take payments...

Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:08 AM
I could see myself paying three hundred for a bumper if its urethane

Modding my j since I found the org
Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:02 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:for j-body owners? $99.99 shipped and yea... you'd pry sell em.

lol it wont be anywhere near $99.00 shipped if its duraflex its usually $200-300 per piece bumper sideskirts etc if its urethane its usually $300-500 per piece

You damn cavalier people are worse than cobalt owners lol and those cars cost more than yours
Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:33 PM
Michael Koldus wrote:
You damn cavalier people are worse than cobalt owners lol and those cars cost more than yours

Most of J-body owners are cheap asses, but there are a few of us that do not mind spending the money. The only thing is that those who do spend the money generally already have the parts that the cheap asses want.

This topic is brought up once about every 6 months and never goes anywhere. There are not enough people that will pay the asking price and no one wants to give up their kit to get destroyed so copies can be make. It can be a VERY hard kit to track down.

blu04DD wrote:We could all go in on a single kit and split the cost...
I want mainly the front...possibly sides. So if its $1000, Id pay $300 to get ahold of a front, someone else pays $150 for each of the sides, and the 3rd person pays $300 for the rear...yay its affordable now! lol

IIRC, the price breakdown was:
$500 - Front
$250 - Sides
$250 - Rear

What i'd like to see is a copy of the 03 Turbosport Concept hood or a Turbosport hood like the 95-02s, but for 03-05. I know Class Glass has "one" but it just doesnt look right.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:45 PM
Michael, Zyaaa and boosted were most likely being sarcastic..they were mocking the jbody owners for being cheap. But look at your owners...a lot are young and want cheap mods and cool looks. Something that you wouldnt think of a cavalier for. At least the looks part. There are VERY few options for cavaliers as far as making them look very nice respectfully...sure tons of body kits, but 99% of them are rice or if done right take a lot more to make look good than people will spend. It doesnt mean its not worth it to attempt to get something started..it just means its not going to be a shoe in to really get the pieces all sold right away, but they would sell.

Its not a 'cheap' thing for me, because I can buy the kit at $1000. Its more of a 'do I want to spend 1k on a body kit that doesnt make my car faster' deal. When it could be spent on 1k worth of upgrades (brakes, wheels, tires, suspension, rods, pistons, etc).
my goal was also to keep my car as stock looking as possible, mud flaps, steelies, and all

Monday, November 12, 2012 12:02 PM
Love being an owner of the full kit The front bumper the most though!

Monday, November 12, 2012 5:01 PM
So pretty much your saying dont try and make it?

We would be interested in making the hood too but would need a car local to fullerton to use and would need to make sure the interest is there. Would u want it in duraflex or carbon fiber?
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:06 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Love being an owner of the full kit The front bumper the most though!

I believe I speak for all of jbody.org users...

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:44 PM
i have 2 kits

well 1 and 3/4 now

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:30 PM
Michael Koldus wrote:So pretty much your saying dont try and make it?

It wont be worth your time. You will barely recoup your expenses. You can try to make it if you think it is worth it. Unique items do sell like hot cakes, but after the initial rush or 2 the market dies.

Michael Koldus wrote:
We would be interested in making the hood too but would need a car local to fullerton to use and would need to make sure the interest is there. Would u want it in duraflex or carbon fiber?

This is the hood i am talking about. To my knowledge only 1 exists.

That is the concept car that the Xtreme Tuner kit was based off and i have the spoiler off that car along with my Xtreme Tuner kit. So i want the hood so i can "clone" the concept car. It doesnt matter to me if you make it, i will end up with a copy of it somehow. I cannot send my car as it is currently broken and i dont have the time.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search