Sunfire clear headlight lenses. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunfire clear headlight lenses.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:53 PM
http://www.izntrbl.com/9502-trbl-sunfire-clear-headlight-lenses-p-23.html

Okay in small print it says...
"NOTE: These lenses are custom made. They are not D.O.T. and are to be used only in shows, or off road. We highly suggest mounting projectors for better light output."

What exactly does this mean? Are they suggesting that they might break easier then stock? Or that it's illegal?

Re: Sunfire clear headlight lenses.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:01 PM
Look Here

And, no, not really, he just has to say that so that someone can't get pulled over for having them and then have the person blaming him.

-Seth

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:50 AM
its called a cover your ass statement i'd bet 75% of all aftermarket parts have that label on them somewhere a nd stay away from anything from izntrbl

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, November 28, 2008 7:27 PM
Thats one route to go, but I've said it before, I think simply ordering the GTS headlight covers that are already made in clear is the easiest way to go. I'm currently working on new headlights for my Sunfire, and all I really had to do is cut the face off, and I'm just going to clip the cover on, glue around the edges, trim the excess and make it look all pretty and voila.

Of course that decal is going to come off befire I'm done, but just to give you an idea.

-- John

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:58 PM
Hey how did this turn out, and does anyone know where to get lenses for less than sickhids charge?
Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:07 PM
Every once and a while on ebay there will be a set form some guy for like 50 bucks.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:56 PM
They actually turned out damn near perfect, I used 3m Panel Bond to glue the lens on, and I've never once had any leaks or moisture build-up, and I live in Florida and its been rained on for 4 years now. It took some fine cuts and very careful gluing process to get that result, but I still think it's the best way to do it.

pic...

-- John

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:15 PM
How did you get that logo off the lens? I'm going with the same lenses for building my headlights
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:16 PM
John, that sunfire is fricken awesome. It has always been my favorite. Nice idea with the headlight covers.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:26 PM
Thanks, that GTS logo is just a decal, took a little love but it came off.

-- John

Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:52 PM
Where do you buy those lenses ? there's some on e-bay but expensive .

www.funnybikeshow.com
Friday, January 25, 2013 7:59 AM
Ok awesome I was going to make my own by molding acrylic but I know a guy that can get me those covers for $50 , so pumped for building them Lol the eBay ones are expensive but any lenses I found were about the same price
Friday, January 25, 2013 8:54 AM
I have been trying to make my own with a nice vacuum forming table for over a month now, its very hard to get the sharp corners to pull down... trust me after 150 for the table I built and the 40 -50 bucks trying lexan its not worth it. Fun, but not worth it.

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:05 AM
Yeah I figured it would be a lot of work that's that's why would rather buy the lenses. I'm still gonna gonna take @!#$ at building the inside housing to go around my projector with acrylic but it looks some what simple, I hope Lol
Friday, January 25, 2013 10:10 AM
what kinda mold are you using?

also lexan? wouldnt it be better to use acrylic?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search