2003 cavalier custom halo headights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 cavalier custom halo headights
Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:58 AM
I hit a deer, cracked my headlights, got the insurance check, decided to customize my cavy a little more with halo headlights... looked everywhere online and came up with the single halo headlights...which I think look retarded... and I'm not going to spend $385-$425 for that..lol... I was researching on here, came across a guy that makes custom headlights, sent him an email, sadly, haven't received anything back... anyone know of anyone who could help?

-Red-

Re: 2003 cavalier custom halo headights
Sunday, February 03, 2013 11:06 AM
who was the guy u left a email to? and I did my own custom 03-05 headlights i'm doin them over as we speak, gonna post it once I'm done. just waiting on XB halo's and they should be here tomorrow so by the end of this week they should be done

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Sunday, February 03, 2013 11:38 AM
yeah, post some pics when you get em done.. I was wanting mine to have two halo rings with some LED's in there somehow... just haven't really sat down and figured out how to make them look good.... I think his name was John Benham... I don't think he's been on in a while...

-Red-
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:33 PM
naw he hasn't alotta people on here been having problems gettin their stuff from him so he's been pretty quiet I guess and i'm still waiting on my halo's so soon as I get the I'll post pictures

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:26 PM
Who is this Imposter?!?
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:27 PM
RED wrote:Who is this Imposter?!?

Lol what a coincidence
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:30 PM
RED wrote:Who is this Imposter?!?

Was totally wondering the same thing, haha

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:23 PM
Haha I was just browsing thru threads and I saw the author of this one and I'm like that's funny I don't remember posting anything about that.

But on topic, yes there use to be a guy on here (can't remember his name anymore) but he did custom halo and projector lights and stuff. Then he started ripping people off; taking there money and no getting back to them for months. Long story short I believe he disappeared and some people filed charges against him was a real ugly affair. Don't remember all the specifics cause I wasn't one of the ones he ripped off but I almost did buy something thru him before I came here. Dodged a bullet on that.
Friday, February 15, 2013 1:55 PM
RED wrote:Haha I was just browsing thru threads and I saw the author of this one and I'm like that's funny I don't remember posting anything about that.

But on topic, yes there use to be a guy on here (can't remember his name anymore) but he did custom halo and projector lights and stuff. Then he started ripping people off; taking there money and no getting back to them for months. Long story short I believe he disappeared and some people filed charges against him was a real ugly affair. Don't remember all the specifics cause I wasn't one of the ones he ripped off but I almost did buy something thru him before I came here. Dodged a bullet on that.

you talking about John Benham? I almost ordered a set through him a while back but I just noticed people were waiting a VERY long time. I figured I could spend the money elsewhere cause the car could be totaled by the time the lights were done. Looked like good work though....maybe you're referring to someone else...

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, February 15, 2013 5:43 PM
Prolly Izntrbl. Then Benham...
Saturday, February 16, 2013 5:05 PM
Dang I didn't hear about the charges but I was emailing back and forth with him about mine and he told me he was going out of town for a while and was going to msg me back when he got back. After waiting a few months I gave in and bought the ones online. Then finding tutorials on how to make them. Glad I didn't place an order b4 he left.

Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:34 PM
lol, sorry.. Red must be a common nickname... but it's a good nickname

-Red-
Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:22 PM
thats y I built my own because of the complaints people were posting I figured by the time I go through all that I can make my own but as I said before here's my headlights round 2, finished

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:36 AM
Those are pretty awesome dude.... were they that hard to make?

-Red-
Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:31 AM
no not at all man, projectors just screw on u just gotta take ur time taking them apart , trimming a bit and what ever painting u do and its not as hard as people think.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:18 PM
Yup. Izntrbl was the guy. But just go to youtube there are a ton of how tos there.

And dont worry bout the name lol.
Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:26 PM
RED wrote:Yup. Izntrbl was the guy. .

that sucks too he had some real nice carbon fiber stuff for Cav's n Sunfires but I definatly wasn't getting ripped off thanks to the unfortunate others he did get, I read about their problems with him before I commited to buying anything off him

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Sunday, February 17, 2013 3:10 PM
lol... seems like something I may try my hand at... did you use your original headlights or order aftermarket and modify them?

-Red-
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:41 AM
used original this time, aftermarket the first time because the plastics r way stronger than the aftermarket TYC's but unless the lens in ur originals r good I used the aftermarket lens from the TYC's cuz they were in better shape.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:59 PM
What did you use for the turn signals? They look awesome.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:35 PM
yeah, I'm a fan of the LED in the corner, but I'm curious as to why you didn't put a halo around the LED?

-Red-

Friday, February 22, 2013 8:59 AM
Red wrote:yeah, I'm a fan of the LED in the corner, but I'm curious as to why you didn't put a halo around the LED?

the reason I didn't was because I couldn get a XB halo that small, they come 60mm the smallest ( and special order) and it would look weird with 2 different kinds of halos in there, the XB's r porbably the brightest halo I've seen, no other halo can match it, so I went with 1

and the led I used for the turn signal is this http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product/8182107/Clearance-%26-Marker-Lights/2-in.-LED-Clearance/Marker-Light-%26-Pigtail

I broke the amber lens off it which held everything in it together so when I broke it the chrome reflector just comes off so I sanded it, painted it silver, 2 part apoxied the other half with the lights to the cavalier chrome signal reflector, painted that black then glued the silver back to it and that was that lol. I'll post the start to finish pic this weekend

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Saturday, February 23, 2013 4:41 PM
So after taking the reflector off are the leds colored at all? I believe in my state they have to be yellow or orange for the front.

Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:16 PM
their amber even though their clear with no reflector, once u use your blinker or turn your lights on they light up amber

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Sunday, February 24, 2013 11:52 AM
That's awesome. You have any pics of them on?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search