HID Question for 98 Cav - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID Question for 98 Cav
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:09 AM
Hello i'm looking into installing HID's next month and am wondering do i need anything extra from the normal bulbs and ballasts????? please help really want to do this project and need help??

Re: HID Question for 98 Cav
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:56 PM
all u should need is a plug and play kit or 2 depending on if your gonna do both 9005 and 9006 beams or just 1 kit for either, shyts pretty easy to hook up, kit should come with adapters to plug your headlight harness into then its just a matter of pluging then in tho the ballast boxes, installing your bulbs in the headlights plug them into the ballasts and turn your lights on, if u don't get the adapters in your kit just buy them on ebay and you should be good.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:19 PM
You should look into projectors and you'll only need one kit as you'll never use your high beams.

The one piece halo projectors use H1 bulbs while the two piece use 9005.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:26 PM
I just plan on getting 9006 bulbs so the connector for the hid ballast would plug into where my old light bulb was and then install the new bulb into the housing?
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:05 AM
I would also say get a relay harness they help out alot
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:50 AM
Ok can I pick up any relay harness from eBay would that work with any kit or is it brand specific and what does the relay do?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search