Car window molding restoration? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car window molding restoration?
Monday, September 24, 2012 5:59 PM
I have my 97 cavy's black window moldings looking pretty good I use mothers back to black and aerospace 303 they work well. But I have some light scratches I would like to know if you guys have a suggestion to get rid of by polishing or something?

Re: Car window molding restoration?
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:38 PM
i always used to use meguires cleaner wax on mine, seemed to remove the oxidation as long as it wasnt too bad.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:46 PM
Sure but I'm talking about polishing out small scratches on the surface.
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:37 AM
then you need to get a bit of an abrasive compound and polish. not sure on the plastic though.... hit up autogeek.net and ask them for an exact product. they know everything about detailing over there LOL

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:21 PM
Ok thanks
Friday, February 08, 2013 6:03 AM
my rubber molding is bubbled athe gross looking any ideas on that ??? check my fb for pix ... Mikey Salah ... or email me ... whysoseriouz09@aol.com
Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:25 PM
Mike Salah wrote:my rubber molding is bubbled athe gross looking any ideas on that ??? check my fb for pix ... Mikey Salah ... or email me ... whysoseriouz09@aol.com

Once they start to bubble you best off just trying to fine some used ones in good shape or buying new. I had to get new ones when mine bubbles up. Try rock auto they have good prices

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search