cracked bumper. need help deciding what to do - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cracked bumper. need help deciding what to do
Tuesday, March 05, 2013 6:56 PM
so about a month ago, someone in front of me got cut off and slammed the brakes. the car in front of me and i had no other choice but to slam on our brakes. the person in front of me hit the other person, and needless to say i slid into the person in front of me. it was nothing serious since we were only going about 15 mph, but now my bumper is cracked and it bugs the crap out of me.
so i have came up with three options on what to do
1) fix the crack my self. i know i can fix it myself, but my issue would be matching the paint. so if i went this route i would have to take it to a body shop to get it painted
2) get a new bumper. i like the duraflex bumpers and have thought about getting one, but like above, i would still have to get it paints
and my third option) just leave it be. if i left it alone i could just save the money and buy some performance parts or gun parts(another hobby/passion of mine) if i choose this route, i will still get around to fixing the bumper but i would be postponing it for a year or two.
i know at the end of the day it is my decision, but i want to know what you all think. keep in mind this is just a daily driver and by no means at all a show car. thanks in advance for your help and advice!
http://s1290.beta.photobucket.com/user/pvtmcmuffin/media/WP_000032_zps294b89f9.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 <----- link to picture if it doesnt show up

Re: cracked bumper. need help deciding what to do
Tuesday, March 05, 2013 7:10 PM
Upload a pic. I had a place fix and repaint my bumper for $300 and I had 2 cracks and a pretty nice dent in it. I wouldn't mess with fixing it yourself if you aren't experienced. Paint jobs are not very easy to do.
Tuesday, March 05, 2013 7:13 PM
i posted a link. http://s1290.beta.photobucket.com/user/pvtmcmuffin/media/WP_000032_zps294b89f9.jpg.html here it is again if the first one isnt working

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 9:27 PM
I have little hair line cracks on my front bumper. Whats a good one that holds up to winters and cold temps?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search