Flip-forward/ Suicide hood - Page 2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Flip-forward/ Suicide hood
Monday, February 14, 2005 3:52 PM
ya and i have hurd its easier than the other way, plus you at times dont need hood pins
and it doesnt take away from the rest of your car you know?
JJ

Monday, February 14, 2005 3:54 PM
JJ Tarant: can you email me the instructions for the first pic, i want that style that way i can still show off my front bumper.... My email is Bagged98z24@aol.com. Thanks.

Monday, February 14, 2005 10:05 PM
i plan on getting a cf hood. how do you mount the brackets?
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:19 PM
/\ /\ /\
i need to know as well as i have the rk sport fiber glass hood.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:50 AM
Bringing back an old topic, cause the question never got answered. How would you mount the hinges to a f/g or c/f hood? Thanks in advance.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:44 PM
has anyone tried this on an 03+ cav?
Monday, August 01, 2005 7:10 PM
Hey can someone show me how to suicide my hood? Parts and pics. thanx
A HOW TO would be cool.

Monday, August 01, 2005 8:11 PM
ive got a (DIY) if you are interested. shoot me an email and ill send it to you.
and everyone else who is interested too.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:10 PM
Anyone know how to get in touch with the guy with the green cavy? Please e-mail me with any contact info. I have my hinges mounted, but they look like they are about 1" back from where his are mounted and i'm working on the cross support. Please lend your assistance to help with the cause.
Thanks!!
Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:06 AM
WHY CAN'T POST THE BLOODY THING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:39 AM
ive got the hood.... the hinges....... and no time to work on it, but when/if i do, i'll post up a how too

Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:23 PM
caviefiend wrote:WHY CAN'T POST THE BLOODY THING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

as i stated before, you can email me and i will send it to you. i cannot post it on the net. it is in adobe reader 6.0, and i dont know how to post it on the web. i cant even copy the pictures so i can rewrite the thing for you. if you know how i can post it, let me know, or send me an email and ill send the file to you.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Thursday, September 22, 2005 7:57 PM
I'm still very interested in this could you email me the file?

genocideul@gmail.com

Also anymore info would be appreciated.

My Cardomain Page<--Updated 9/19/05
Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:49 PM
NE1 thought about using a BWM hinge off of their 325 series, ohh letsay around 1987 models?

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Friday, September 23, 2005 1:38 PM
IZN TRBL wrote:
caviefiend wrote:WHY CAN'T POST THE BLOODY THING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

as i stated before, you can email me and i will send it to you. i cannot post it on the net. it is in adobe reader 6.0, and i dont know how to post it on the web. i cant even copy the pictures so i can rewrite the thing for you. if you know how i can post it, let me know, or send me an email and ill send the file to you.

^^^^ He has an ok write up and if your a do it yourself type of person then you should be able to do it from his directions no problem.

IZN TRBL thanks

Friday, September 23, 2005 2:26 PM
buzz122 wrote:NE1 thought about using a BWM hinge off of their 325 series, ohh letsay around 1987 models?

i actually have looked into it. have you seen the hinge set up on those? it is pretty complex involving many parts. not just hinges. but i may be talking about a different year and or model of the bmw. never the less, it is more than just a set of hinges.
Quote:

^^^^ He has an ok write up and if your a do it yourself type of person then you should be able to do it from his directions no problem.

IZN TRBL thanks

no problem, but this is not my write up. i believe it was given to me by a fellow org member like a year ago. i have never done this mod before. its a cool mod though. looks pretty simple. good luck guys.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Friday, September 23, 2005 6:51 PM
just what model is the lesabre? are you all getting the parts are your local junkyard?
Saturday, September 24, 2005 7:53 PM
hey what about a sabb hood hing. i saw one the other day.
Tuesday, November 01, 2011 12:37 PM
Hey I'm wondering if anyone who has that file is still around to send the how to file to me please tipple1994@live.ca thanks
Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:58 PM
hi im kinda new to this site and from the looks of it im kinda a few yrs to late too. i was wondering if i can get this write up sent to me @ InkinFlip@gmail.com that is if anyone still around now.
Sunday, March 03, 2013 1:35 PM
It's relatively simple to adapt the hinge from a Buick LeSabre. Just go a junkyard and look at it.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:27 PM
how the hell do you plan on easily working on your car with a flip forward hood, yes looks cool, functionality id think would suck tho.....

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:01 AM
Well with the new engine n tranny thats going in i didnt plan on working on it to much until i did the eco swap
Saturday, March 23, 2013 11:08 AM
^^^If you have a jbody ALWAYS intend to work on something...whether it be for fun or maintenance lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search