polished valve cover? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
polished valve cover?
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:59 PM
ok so i didnt know where to post this so mods u can move it if need be

anyway on here iv seen guys paint or polish their ecotec valve covers, i was thinking about doing my IDI cover victory red to match my car and polish the valve cover (since i have polished strut bars and am getting a red intake, i didnt want to much red,

so anyways whats the best way to go about polishing my valve cover? minus the use of air or electric tools, lacking them, i do have a small air wizzer die grinder type thing with a removable head which i think i may be able to put a small 1-2' buffing disc on but thats all i got

would prefer to do it by hand but whatever works best, let me just say iv never done anything like this before, iv always sanded and painted everything so i dont even know where to start

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Re: polished valve cover?
Friday, March 22, 2013 9:25 PM
Google? http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/diy/292582-diy-hand-polishing-aluminum.html
Straight forward for polishing aluminum, takes some time and a pain to keep polished (so I've heard)

Re: polished valve cover?
Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:54 PM
damn, was hoping it would stay nice, i gues ill just paint it, keep it simple and easy to clean

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search