Painted valve cover - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Painted valve cover
Sunday, March 31, 2013 8:58 AM
So my weekend project was new valve cover gasket and to paint the valve cover and plug cover plate. I painted the aluminum valve cover black with caliper paint. Not the aerosol but the actual paint. It has a ceramic quality to it so it looks flat black/powdercoated black. Then I moved to the plug cover. I did a base coat white then a blue pearl second stage and cleared the hell out of it. Even though i LOVED how it looked, I scrapped it for the blue you see in the pics. Now i have to decide if i want to spray a pearl over it or just clear it and roll with it. Tell me what you guys think? Btw its a 2003 black sunfire. In the next 2 weeks it will be slammed on tein ss's and sitting on gold xxr527's 17x8.25. Also the blue paint in the pics hasnt been cleared yet so it doesnt look like a finished product yet.

Re: Painted valve cover
Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:05 AM
Great wheel choice and looks good! Pics on the car when it's slammed I hope? Also the blue is my favorite but I'm partial to blue. And not sure if you know but blue over a silver base color makes it pop more. Also over white base color but not as much
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search