Hood pin question - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hood pin question
Monday, April 22, 2013 6:57 AM
Ok so I've bought two different styles of hood pin kits and on both the pin is an inch too sort. The main pin needs to at least be 4in.
My hood needs the normal pin with the carter pin and wire, not the latch carter type pin.
I have an 04 cavalier.
If anyone know what kit to use please let me know product number and manufacture.

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]

Re: Hood pin question
Monday, April 22, 2013 7:25 AM
Sorry 4in from the carter pin whole, about 5in total.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:36 AM
I bought a nice set of hood pins with the rubber grommet. they were too short as well.
I went and bought a cheap Auto Zone hood pin kit and used those thinner, longer aluminum hood pins with my kit and it worked great. I just had to grind down the pins so they were not cutting my rubber grommets every time i shut the hood.
pic 1 - the kit
pic 2 - the stock kit pin..much beefier and solid, but too short
pic 3 - the auto parts store hood pin kit pins I used (dont see it there but i shaved them down so theyre rounded)
pic 4 - how it is now

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:19 AM
Thx for the info, but I said screw it and found some new Moroso (sp?) hood pins.

Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:05 PM
I've got Spectre hood pins, another option for those looking around for a decent set

Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:17 PM
Sparco's here.... Never had an issue with mine. I have mine mounted sideways vs straight on the car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search