Fiberglass Fenders & Hood - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fiberglass Fenders & Hood
Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:13 AM
About 2 years ago i picked up a hood off the org. My dad, who also owns his own body shop said it had more waves than the ocean. He prepped it, did all the body work painted it, cleared it. About 7 months ago i started noticing small cracks in it. Which he said was normal bc the hood flexes

Back in December 2012, My boyfriend got me some really nice fiberglass fenders, Same story, everything got painted & cleared. But i just noticed a crack on the fender, Literally had them only 5 months and they're Solid, Not going anywhere ya know? So im wondering is this actually a flex crack or is this a hater alert

Any ideas would be appreciated, Bc this is really upsetting me

Get Wrecked

Re: Fiberglass Fenders & Hood
Monday, May 06, 2013 8:36 PM
Looks like a flex crack to me. Maybe someone leaned up against the fender. That would be the weakest spot on the fender.

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:39 AM
yack ... lol Thanks

Get Wrecked
Monday, May 13, 2013 8:30 AM
If you can, check to see if there are any stress cracks in behind. And if your dad feels up to it, have him lay a sheet of fiberglass in behind. I'm assuming these are the F1 fenders like I have. Btw, yes fiberglass flexes but if prepped right they shouldnt crack by sun or wind flex. Give your dad @!#$ for brushing it off his shoulder like that. If you could take a picture further back, you might get a couple more comments.

Monday, May 13, 2013 9:20 AM
^^^ THIS

I went in and reinforced my entire fiberglass bodykit and fenders by adding an extra layer of fiberglass from behind.
It really did take alot of the flex out of them.
Been on almost a year now with no stress cracks at all!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search