Best fog lights... - Page 2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Best fog lights...
Saturday, June 13, 2009 7:50 PM
sorry i didnt post what ones. today was moving day so more important stuff. so anyways. what was recently posted above are the correct ones

Monday, June 15, 2009 3:09 AM
an 893 silverstar is pretty bight and good looking, but again you get the life span problem associated with those....

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:13 AM
Question for those of you that have the Blazer fogs. Did you wire them just simply with the stock wiring harness?? Or actually use the harness that comes with them.
I already have fogs in my car with the OEM switch and all, and don't really want to lose that.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:41 PM
Yeah I'd also like to chime in and request the pic thread of the guy who retro'd blazers into his stock cav fogs. I'm interested in what exactly he did.
Saturday, May 25, 2013 4:34 PM
Blindz24 wrote:you know I replaced my stock bulbs with some GE 885's. They're 55 watts instead of the stock 27watts... And to be honest they're a lot brighter than my silver star ultra headlights ... Best part they only cost me $5 for the pair lol

old thread I know..
has anything changed with this? Seems like higher wattage bulbs would just create problems. Never had fog lights before so just trying to get something decent.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, May 25, 2013 6:23 PM
Our fogs are pretty much useless with whatever bulbs we have. I actually plan on going to a base bumper for that exact fact
Saturday, May 25, 2013 8:27 PM
This is true. I'll just grab some auto zone bulbs I guess, just don't want them to be yellow and $#!&y like the stockers.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, May 26, 2013 8:45 AM
Look for Navigator fog lights ,excellent for $30 ,cant beat them!

BLACKMANTIS
Sunday, May 26, 2013 8:57 AM
More precisely , it`s the Navigator driving lights kit by Pilot sold here in Canada by Canadian Tire stores for $34.99 . You might find them on eBay also

BLACKMANTIS
Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:00 AM
I got some LED lights from superbrightleds.com and I like the way they look
Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:49 AM
BLACK MANTIS wrote:More precisely , it`s the Navigator driving lights kit by Pilot sold here in Canada by Canadian Tire stores for $34.99 . You might find them on eBay also

So they're just better 880 style bulbs?

Paul Foust wrote:I got some LED lights from superbrightleds.com and I like the way they look

Do they look white or blue? And do they actually illuminate the road at all or just look nice?

"In Oldskool we trust"

Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:18 PM
I got blue ones. They do offer white though. If the white bulbs light up like the blue ones do they'd look good and go well with the hids
Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:24 PM
HID bulbs draw way too much current on our batteries and overheats the electrical system which is why I prefer 9007 bulbs with 6500 k output that rivals the brightness of hid appearance .I have FIREHAWK ARCTIC WHITE 6500K (55W) BLUE TINTED BULBS for my headlights and the equivalent for my auxilliary (fog) lights.

BLACKMANTIS
Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:39 PM
^

Well thats BS..

HID only draws more at startup.

35w HID's are going to draw less than your 55w blue tinted bulbs.

Not to mention that Hid's will have more lumens per watt compared to halogens.

The reason to run a relay harness so that there is zero extra draw on the stock wiring.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search