Yah or Nah? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Yah or Nah?
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:20 PM
Ok so I have an 04 cav. I'm I. The middle of doing a trunk swap and currently have a painted tail bar on the stock 04 trunk. Do you think use img a aftermarket pair of outside tails with this color matched painted tail bar would look ok?

Yah or Nah?

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]

Re: Yah or Nah?
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:28 PM

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:33 PM
Stock tails, Toyo tails, or bust.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:11 AM
Ok so I got 1 opinion, anyone else?

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:54 AM
Can't see the pic,are you talking of the 03+ inner lights? Then no, if you are talking about.the rear center spoiler then yes

Modding my j since I found the org
Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:03 AM
I like the look of your tails, but I'm with Twenty4z here, Toyo tails are amazing, or stock 95-02's. I myself am looking for a trunk and tails for a swap onto my 03

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:30 PM
another option is the pontiac SEDAN tail pieces. even if you keep your middle, you should be able to swap out the ends. i got mine from a pick'n'pull for about $30each..kind of pricey but im sure they can be had for much less if you shop around. i paid about $110 for all 3 pieces

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:58 PM
Oh shizza that's incredible, I never thought that was swappable! Like I said tho I'm In the middle of a trunk swap, I'm just bored and was trying to make it look different till the trunk got painted lol =]

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 6:17 PM
The pontiac back end doesn't look bad. It's better than the dog@!#$ one that's OEM on the chevy. A trunk swap isn't the best option in my case since Orange Metallic II wasn't available pre 03. As much as a repaint would cost, I may as well get the OEM filled and tocuhed up, Maybe if I can get a decent deal on the sunfire set. Myother worry is there not being enough room for the OEM spoiler.
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:43 AM
im not a fan of the 03-05 tails i much prefer the 00-02 tails with the z24/lss 00-02 spoiler, on any third gen

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Sunday, May 26, 2013 5:04 AM
You could try what I did ,paint stock tails to match body color and tint them !

BLACKMANTIS

Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:35 AM
I was going to and leave the raise circle parts inpainted but i dont have reducer for the paint i have, and when i get the reducer om just gonna paint my trunk in swaping in.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:20 PM
Yea so boredom got the best of me lol

Next the trunk will be swapped to go with it.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:02 AM
teal wrote:The pontiac back end doesn't look bad. It's better than the dog@!#$ one that's OEM on the chevy. A trunk swap isn't the best option in my case since Orange Metallic II wasn't available pre 03. As much as a repaint would cost, I may as well get the OEM filled and tocuhed up, Maybe if I can get a decent deal on the sunfire set. Myother worry is there not being enough room for the OEM spoiler.

I too previously installed the sunfire bezel with the 03 spoiler and there is a small gap of clearance between the two. I then did it right and swapped to an older trunk and had is sprayed to match the car. It only ran me about $300 once finished and it was well worth it. It pays to save your money and do it right the first time rather than continuously pumping money towards cheaper/temporary mods, a lesson that has been hard for me to overcome.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:05 AM
Also, in my opinion it looks more appealing to remove the 03 lights and replace them with 95-02 and fill the 5 remaining holes with painted one way clips rather than attaching another bezel. I wouldn't do it that way but if you're looking to save money and want the 03 bezel delete, that's your best option.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:40 PM

Just waint to get some reducer and clear coat then in good to spray =D

Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:41 PM
Waitin*

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search