02 or older hood on 03+ cavalier has it been done? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
02 or older hood on 03+ cavalier has it been done?
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:26 PM
Hey guys I've searched here and on google n bing, has anyone ever attempted putting a older cav hood on a 03+ cav, I helped a buddy find a cf hood cheap and I'm having an easier time finding older styled hoods than ones for my year.

Modding my j since I found the org

Re: 02 or older hood on 03+ cavalier has it been done?
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:01 AM
Looking for pics

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:37 AM
yea sure, it's been done.

don't forget to swap your bumper and headlights in the process.

if you're asking about using an 95-02 hood on an 03-05 front setup......

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:26 AM
Hahahahh just chatted with Matt he's doing it, I understand that some cutting on my bumper will have to get done and some small work on the hood too

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:42 PM
What PJ said...

The hood will need considerable work to look even half decent and then you'll have to paint part of your hacked up hood. Just keep an eye on the Classifieds and a correct hood will pop up eventually.

And don't act like you know what you're doing, just take our advice and be glad we're not being dicks about it.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:39 PM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:glad we're not being dicks about it.

right because heaven forbid you act nice to a new member. sorry but your intended intimidation makes you look like a tool. please get over yourself.

OP, ive never seen it done and ive been in this game a long time. will it look good? i have no idea but anything to cover up some of the fugly 03-05 headlights cant go wrong.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:46 PM
Intimidation? Sorry but I don't take the interwebs seriously. The OP took what PJ said and acted like he knew the answer to his question.

The OP is gonna end up with a hackjob CF hood but I honestly hope he proves me wrong.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:05 PM
not that modding car is all that serious but really, its not as if you are talking down to a computer here. there is a real person on the other end of the line reading your somewhat snoody comments. he is not a robot. while you may not take the internet seriously, in reality... you are talking to an actual person so while you choose not to respect someone because you are not physically talking to them face to face it does not make it any less of a real conversation because the words are typed out...

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:38 PM
Just change the front, I still have the import fighter bumper, just find some 95-99 headlights
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:50 PM
Don't worry guys I'm not going to get butt hurt, I've been around for a few years and have noticed that you have to have thick skin to be around here, also as far as body work I'm not too experienced so it would definetly be outsourced to a body's hop if its doable within the budget, and Justin damn dude you want to take more if my cashola!! Hahah I like my 03 lights I'm just really wanting Scott Trent's turbo hood

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:39 PM
And thanks for the kind words Brad, I'm with you on being a little more patient with newbs, they tend to get scared away even tho they always ask some of the silliest questions over and over

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:11 PM
Priggen's car has almost exactly what your looking for. He has the 00-02 hood and headlights but he modified his bumper to do it. Essentially its the top half of the 00-02 bumper mated with the bottom half of a 03-05 LS sport bumper. It looks like a hell of a lot of body work to get it to look/work right but it can be done. Link to his profile.

Dave

Saturday, August 24, 2013 10:40 PM
See what I'm looking at is having the 02 hood with the 03 lights I wAnt the center piece to come down the way it does on the 02 and modify the light area to almost give it a evil eye look

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search