Side moldings - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Side moldings
Friday, September 06, 2013 7:51 PM
Has anybody ever painted the 2003-2005 side molding on there cavalier black to match there rims. If you have please post a picture I am thinking about doing it. Thank you

Re: Side moldings
Friday, September 06, 2013 8:50 PM
Most people remove them completely for a cleaner look.

Friday, September 06, 2013 9:54 PM
IMO its cleaner yea but the j-body sides look so barren and wide without them its best just to leave them on.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Saturday, September 07, 2013 12:03 PM
How do you take them off without scrapping the paint?
Saturday, September 07, 2013 2:33 PM
They are held on with double sided tape. Use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat them up a little bit at a time. Than use fishing line to "saw" back and forth behind them until they come off. Once the moldings themselves are off, there will be some adhesive residue left behind. Again, use the heat gun or hair dryer to heat the adhesive residue up, spray some WD-40 on it and go to town rubbing it off with your fingers. I've also heard of people using rubber eraser wheels on drills to remove the adhesive residue which would obviously save a lot of wear and tear on your fingers.

Saturday, September 07, 2013 2:34 PM
Most people use "go gone", plus fish line. and a nice hot day helps a lot. or a hairdryer. while your at it, take off your emblems if you so wish too. of course look at others vehicles before you decide to do it.
I took my emblems off of it, but kept the side mouldings because they seem barren with out them.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:13 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:IMO its cleaner yea but the j-body sides look so barren and wide without them its best just to leave them on.

I so agree!!

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search