Clear coat peeling? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clear coat peeling?
Friday, September 13, 2013 6:31 PM
Alright I have this annoying problem of the clear coat peeling on my front and rear bumper, and i was wondering if there's ways to patch it up or slow it down? A respray isn't feasible since I'm still paying this car off and I work at a minimum wage job...any ways of fixing? What about those rattle can clear paint? i would post pictures but don't know how besides using a link.

Re: Clear coat peeling?
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:51 AM
It's not really suggested but you can sand down to get rid of the flaking then clear it with spray cans. But I suggest you sand down to paint then take it in to a shop for clear should only be like $100.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 9:22 AM
a lot of people in the car community usually know someone that does good detail work. It might only run you a few hundred or less to have someone 'through a friend of a friend' do a light sand and clear the paint if your original paint is still good.
or, you can always plasti dip your car haha

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:59 PM
Yeah, don't rattle can it..it'll be hazy within weeks and like twice as bad as it did in the first place. Like Blu said, check around the community and see if someone can help you out if a body shop is out your price range. Me personally, if I am just re-clearing two bumpers (assuming it isn't bad enough that they need sanded into the color a bit) I wouldn't charge more than like $150.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search