00 Cavalier Blacked Tail Lights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
00 Cavalier Blacked Tail Lights
Friday, November 15, 2013 6:03 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to show off how blacking out my tail lights came out. A quick note about the car. It's a 2000 2.2 Cavalier that I'm currently restoring. The first thing I'm going to get done is to de-rice this car. This back end looked horrible & embarrassing! Especially after I installed the Koni Red struts w/RK Sports coilovers. It HAD to go.

I sprayed three coats of tint spray and wet sanded with 2000 grit sand paper for about 15 mins. I let them dry then used rubbing compound and buffed the @!#$ outta them. They look dark but show up really good.

Sanded my new trunk

Sanded lights & Trunk

First Coat

Second Coat

ok so laugh away, here is the before shot.

Here are the after pictures. I don't have any pictures of them lit up. I'll take some tomorrow but if this says anything. I drove my baby over to my parents house on veterans day (military plates) to celebrate with them. My brother in law is a police officer so I asked him to come take a look at them. I turned on the running lights and he said he wouldn't pull me over for them.

Anyways let me know what y'all think.

Thanks,
Josh

Re: 00 Cavalier Blacked Tail Lights
Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:16 PM
love it

Sunday, November 17, 2013 1:11 AM
Looks great, I'm about to buy that style light in black and put a few light tint layers on so that not much is needed to dim them down. Good job saving the car from rice apparel!

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:39 PM
I would recommend upgrading to LED bulbs for your taillights. Their not that expensive and are twice as bright as regular bulbs and use half the power. I have LED's and three coats of nightshades on my LED ring aftermarkets and still get harassed by the police. Thankfully I still have my stockers so if I get a ticket I can just swap them out and get the ticket wrote off.
Thursday, December 05, 2013 9:21 AM
I tried LED bulbs in my wife's car and could barely see the brake lights. Her taillights aren't blacked out. Which bulbs did you go with?
Thursday, December 05, 2013 12:55 PM
I Just bought the 16 LED Bulbs from autozone. Ithink their 16 LED, maybe more but it was only $16 for a pair and their bright as @!#$.,
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search