relocating drl - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
relocating drl
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:47 AM
Hello all,

I have seen a lot of posts on disabling the drl and I was going to, then I got the idea that maybe we could relocate them. What I mean by this is I got some aftermarket led lights and would like them to take the place of the drl because like most of us here I have a hid kit. My specific car is an 04 cavy but I figured if anyone else was interested that someone could figure out this for all j-bodies. I will be looking into it but just thought someone might already have an idea of how to do this.

Re: relocating drl
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:48 AM
O and yeah I know I could just disable the stock and run off the ignition side of fuse box but I would like to just try this idea.

Monday, August 27, 2012 11:29 PM
jdfjkl

Thursday, September 06, 2012 8:06 PM
Jesse Feeling wrote:O and yeah I know I could just disable the stock and run off the ignition side of fuse box but I would like to just try this idea.

this is what i did to have my halos on instead of drl
Friday, September 07, 2012 10:26 AM
You mean of the fuse box or rewired it?

Friday, September 07, 2012 10:33 AM
Just tapped them into the ignition side of the fuse box
Friday, September 07, 2012 10:35 AM
I have a switch also however so i shut them off when the fogs are on. since they are halo fog lights
Friday, September 07, 2012 11:39 AM
I am actually working on an LED DRL alternative and have it all planned out, just have to get a few more items and get it all wired up. And it all still utalizes the stock relay.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Saturday, September 08, 2012 2:30 AM
What wires did you tap into or disconnect? I'd be interested in ditching my switched setup
Sunday, September 09, 2012 12:54 PM
i just changed my name wrote:What wires did you tap into or disconnect? I'd be interested in ditching my switched setup

X2

Sunday, September 09, 2012 5:47 PM
Yes please...this would be good because I also have white LED strips I planned on using along with my low/high's but using them as DRL's would be nice...I have a 97 J-Body

Sunday, September 09, 2012 5:57 PM
i just changed my name wrote:What wires did you tap into or disconnect? I'd be interested in ditching my switched setup

Sorry, was this directed to me?

Monday, September 10, 2012 11:59 AM
Yes
Monday, September 10, 2012 1:04 PM
Since I have a couple small LED lights, I was gonna add in a terminal in the fuse box under the hood for power since there is one already in there from the battery, but no other terminal to complete it for a fuse. After running power to the lights, I will be getting into the fuse box inside and pulling the terminal that is for the headlights in the DRL relay(not CUTTING it, REMOVING it), and inserting, one of the two ground wires for the lights into the same slot and the other to a switch inside the glove box.

The reason I want to pull/remove the terminal from the fuse box is cause it in case the car is to be put to stock in the future, then I don't have to find a harness or anything, just remove the wire I put in, and replace the stock one.

Thursday, January 02, 2014 3:42 PM
What if the wire we cut for the 03-05 cavy could be run out to the drl of your choice and then ground the light properly.. Obviously add in a fuse for safety.. But instead of grounding that wire directly, could we put a light into that circuit and make the DRLs??
Tuesday, January 07, 2014 7:51 PM
I would prefer my parking lights to be DRLs like Cobalts.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 7:27 AM
^^^^^ This is what i did just wired my halos and LEDs into my parking lights and pulled the relay for DRLs.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search