Paint code has me confused. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Paint code has me confused.
Monday, May 19, 2014 6:49 PM
So I've been trying to find somewhere to get paint from cause I have some spots to fix and some spots that need touch ups from a hail storm we had a while ago but I'm not sure about the paint code I was using this site as a reference

paint website

The code on the sticker reads like this

BC/CC U 312C 52G

What's throwing me off is the 52G is that part of the code? There isn't anything after it and it's just the paint code on that whole line. According to the website I'm thinking I have to light sand drift metallic paint but the code on the site is 321C, 49, WA321C. I understand that U and WA are interchangeable but is my paint slightly different and that's why there's a 52G on my part sticker and not 49? If anyone sees something I'm missing please help me out I can't figure this out for the life of me.

Oh and if it will help I have pictures of my car in this thread

See pics here

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.

Re: Paint code has me confused.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 3:10 AM
Remove your spare tire cover. If it is Original, it will have the paint code listed on it.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:14 AM
I have the paint code that's the one I posted in my first post but if it will help ill post a pic of the parts sticker. The problem is that I'm not sure if the 52G part is actually in the paint code or not and if it is why the paint website has 49 listed as part of the code.
Attachments
image.jpg (52k)

Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:47 AM
Hey man I'm not finding anything about the 52G either but I called me dealer and they said they can give the exact color if you call with your vin number. They are usually nice and willing to help if you want to call them or you can send be your vin and I'll find out for you.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:26 PM
Ok I'm thinking I might try going to a body shop that can just match the paint or I'll just try the dealer not too far from me and see

Sunday, June 08, 2014 1:57 PM
U312C is your paint code. Dot worry about the rest. If you go to Napa, they can mix your paint code, or better yet they have variant decks they match up to your car to get the closest color(good chance your paint code will not match exactly) They'll put it in a 12oz aerosol can for $20. If your doing small spots like your mirrors or handles, thats what i would recommend. Unless you have your own spray gun & set up to spray.

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"
Sunday, June 08, 2014 5:58 PM
Ok thanks. I'll give that a try. I didn't know napa could match paint good to know.

Sunday, June 08, 2014 9:05 PM
Depends on your location i suppose. Some are set up to mix paint, some arent. 2 napa's near me are set up to mix PPG.

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search