Bomex convertion - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bomex convertion
Sunday, April 06, 2014 12:50 PM
Hi guys.
Been working a bit on my 04'

Urethane BOMEX style BK
Original BOMEX sidemirrors
Original BOMEX Wing
Modified Headlights (by myself)

Coming soon: Black aftermarket tailights, rear brake disc convertion, power windows (with original parts) and a urgent oil change. lol

Thanks for your time reading my post.
Attachments
image.jpg (1913k)

Re: Bomex convertion
Sunday, April 06, 2014 12:53 PM
One more...
Attachments
image.jpg (1826k)

Sunday, April 06, 2014 12:54 PM
And....one more.
Attachments
image.jpg (1704k)

Sunday, April 06, 2014 12:55 PM
Attachments
image.jpg (757k)

Monday, April 07, 2014 5:01 AM
Everything looks good until you get to the back. IMO, that's the ugliest rear bumper made, and that wing is too much. For the tails, are you doing a 95-02 conversion, or getting one of those god-awful Altezza 03+ tail lights? Please say you're doing a conversion.

Monday, April 07, 2014 7:16 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:Everything looks good until you get to the back. IMO, that's the ugliest rear bumper made, and that wing is too much. For the tails, are you doing a 95-02 conversion, or getting one of those god-awful Altezza 03+ tail lights? Please say you're doing a conversion.

That's the whole kit and to be honest, I don't like to mix BK parts. Some people like it, some others don't . Still thinking on what to do for the tailights. Thanks for the EN lesson but wasn't my mistake (iPhone auto text) sometimes it doesn't help much.

Anyway...
Thanks for the comments.
Monday, April 07, 2014 12:13 PM
I like the concept of the Bomex everything just 'cuase I like to not mix brands when possible as well. Personally I'd swap to 00-02 taillights by getting the RKsport carbon filler panal. And if your going for the 2000s Tuner look I don't thing a nicer set of Euro tails would be terrible. I'd just not buy the ones that are terribly disgusting.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Re: Bomex conversion
Monday, April 07, 2014 5:35 PM
Firstly... I'm gonna buy the euro style tailights (black) just to check it out and see how they look like installed.
I'll be ordering the RK/ CF Filler and compare...
Let's see guys....
Thanks for reading my post
Monday, April 07, 2014 9:51 PM
I like that plan.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Tuesday, April 08, 2014 7:09 PM
Wanna share a few more pics below....
Just received the tailights (waiting for the RK filler).

Also I have to take the wing to the garage to fix a few details.
Attachments
image.jpg (203k)

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 7:10 PM
More...
Attachments
image.jpg (240k)

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 7:11 PM
Attachments
image.jpg (197k)

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 7:12 PM
I think BOMEX wing will definitely look better on coming pics (since I toke the first pics very close to the car).
Here's how my projectors look like.
Attachments
image.jpg (601k)

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:41 AM
Tony Liceaga wrote:...Thanks for the EN lesson but wasn't my mistake (iPhone auto text) sometimes it doesn't help much.
LOL. I'm confused. What lesson?

Anyway, I really like the outter portion of those tails, but the inner panel is just horrible. I wish they did something else with them instead of just putting the dots across, and that chrome section on the ends. It just looks mismatched to me.

I like the car a lot more without the wing. The headlights look great.
I get not wanting to mix kits, but the Bomex bumper is just not a good looking bumper IMO. It's your car, so it should make you happy. I'm just sharing my opinion.

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:52 AM

lol

I like how it looks like without the wing too but I can say that the rear looks like "empty"....

Projectors look nice thou. It was a headache to mod the turn lights with the projector but I finally won the battle ...

I haven't found the RK Sport CF filler. It's ridiculous the S&H they charge! Even more than what I paid to get the big tailights box.!

ANY HELP GUYS?

I'll post more pics soon!
Thanks
Saturday, April 19, 2014 11:38 PM
A Few more
Attachments
image.jpg (288k)
image.jpg (263k)
image.jpg (257k)

Friday, August 15, 2014 7:28 AM
LOSE THE GINORMOUS WING (RIDICULOUS) AND CROOKED GOLD BOWTIE YUCK! AND YOU MIGHT WANT TO SMOKE THOSE TAILLIGHTS THEN YOU WOULD HAVE A WINNER!

BLACKMANTIS
Friday, August 15, 2014 7:31 AM
OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT TO SAY A GOOD DROPPED SUSPENSION WOULD BE VERY SEXY INDEED ,YOU HAVE A VERY CLEAN CAR CONGRATS!

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search