LED Headlights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LED Headlights
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:02 PM
Has anybody ever heard of or used these in the 03+ Sunfire housings? Or are LED's in reflector housings a big no-no like HID's?

http://www.vleds.com/led-headlights/h11-h8-h9/h11-lmz.html

Re: LED Headlights
Tuesday, February 17, 2015 7:15 PM
superbrightleds.com has them for cheaper and they work fine for me in my 05 and in the wife's mini-van
Monday, February 23, 2015 2:57 PM
I feel like those are for a different application. The light output of the VLED ones seems better for headlights. I'm only concerned of how the light will interact with the reflector housings and that I could potentially be blinding people.
Monday, February 23, 2015 10:38 PM
I don't know anyone with them, but have sent emails to a couple different companies who have these and they have told me the same thing, this style is good for fogs and low beams but if you drive dark country roads frequently they are not a good solution, yet. It was also my understanding that these are compatible with reflectors.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 8:12 AM
Alright. Thanks for the replies guys.
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:11 AM
Sparkey05 wrote:I don't know anyone with them, but have sent emails to a couple different companies who have these and they have told me the same thing, this style is good for fogs and low beams but if you drive dark country roads frequently they are not a good solution, yet. It was also my understanding that these are compatible with reflectors.

Similar experience here.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:47 AM
They suck. Just like p-n-p HIDs, they put light where you don't need it, and don't put it where you do need it.

I've seen OK results with similar type in projector housings, but it's still not quite right.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search