Why dont they make projector for 00+ - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Why dont they make projector for 00+
Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:59 PM
why dont they make projector headlights for 00+ cavalier's and is there a site to make our own projector head lights? Can we make a converstion to a 99 or below cavy headlight and put the projectors?

Re: Why dont they make projector for 00+
Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:01 PM
Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:03 PM
LMAO, Its cause we only have one bulb in each headlight.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:04 PM
actually its cause they are not DOT legal anymore since they banned HID on any car that is not stock

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:09 PM
Cavie Freak wrote:@!#$ SEARCH U WAIST OF SPACE NEWB

Lol! That's even funnier because you meant to say "waste of space".

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:17 PM
^^ lol

i agree. just search, this is brought up all the time.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:25 PM
u tryi'n to tel lme that all cops know which cars come with HID lights stock?

you're crazy.

everyone and their brothers and sisters and grandparents have HID's....

I'm tellin' Uncle Ben!! You stole his RICE!!

"premiere cavalier" coming soon to a street near you!!
Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:25 PM
Ok eveyone, here's the kicker:
-'95 to '99's used the 2 bulb setup:using the 9006 & 9005 (I beleive) setup.
-2000+ use a 9007 setup, therefor, as you all realize, lol...high and low beams are concieved through one bulb, instead of the pre-2 setup.
I don't think a '95-'99 headlamp conversion would look very attractive on a '00+ cavy, but i guess someone could try it.

I think by attempting to create a projection housing for 2000's and newer, would eliminate the idea of having a low beam lens and a high beam lens.

***********************************************************************************************

Your right about the bulb systems, but you can convert the wiring harnesses from a single bulb system to a dual bulb system, and with the addition of a new bumper cover (and maybe fender liners, depending on model), you would have a stock looking (and functioning) 95-99 headlight conversion. There are some people who have done this because the only body kit they could get for the 2k+'s were the 95-99's, and either required extra fiberglassing under the headlights, or the conversion to the old system.

Thank you NastyNate and KickAss98Z
Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:28 PM
X-evo wrote:u tryi'n to tel lme that all cops know which cars come with HID lights stock?

you're crazy.

everyone and their brothers and sisters and grandparents have HID's....

Well take ur head outta ur ass for a minute here. if they have ever seen another car like urs that isnt modded guess what they have WHITE/YELLOWISH lights. now if urs look like a damn lexus or dmw then there gunna know. dont try to be smart casue ur not.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:46 PM
has any one made custom projectors for the 2000+?

pioneer cd player-$182 on ebay
2 12' audiobahn subs-$195 on ebay
1 1600 watt audiobahn amp-$190 on ebay
36 sq ft of dynamat extreme-$120 on ebay
wiring kit-$30 on ebay
1 custom box-free (my boss made it for me)
setting off a car alarm from over 30ft away-priceless
too bad i blew the amp!
Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:52 PM
i mean i know someone has i just want pics and how to please

pioneer cd player-$182 on ebay
2 12' audiobahn subs-$195 on ebay
1 1600 watt audiobahn amp-$190 on ebay
36 sq ft of dynamat extreme-$120 on ebay
wiring kit-$30 on ebay
1 custom box-free (my boss made it for me)
setting off a car alarm from over 30ft away-priceless
too bad i blew the amp!

Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:04 PM
you want the world handed to you on a platter. well, dirty stinkin n00b cheese, think again. you have QUITE a bit to learn. i suggest visiting www.hidplanet.com, i learned a lot there. just know that f*cking with that CAN GET YOU A TICKET depending on your state. that means so will your fartbomb exhaust, and your ebay intake that your bound to ask us about too...

damn n00bs are all the same...

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Thursday, September 22, 2005 3:05 PM
Anyone make a custom set for a 95-99 cavalier? Been searching, but seems that everyone is trying to make a set for 2000+. I dont want the ones that matrix and apc sell-or the ebay specials. I want to make my own set with separate hi and lows. Just not sure which projectors will fit nice.
Thursday, September 22, 2005 3:16 PM
i would love to find a double projector on 03+

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Thursday, September 22, 2005 4:19 PM
damn old guys, always being pricks to newbs. anyways, i was checkin crap out at autozone the other day, and under an 01 cavalier it says we can order projector headlights for it (?) dont know, cost a lil over 300, so i wasnt ganna order em, but i might, and just check em out then return em.... i dont know

Thursday, September 22, 2005 7:10 PM
whiteboy makes projectors for 00-02 cavaliers, theres a post a litle ways down, and i think adam ( njhk ) makes them too, his might only be for sunfires though as thats what he owns. but yes do some searching here on j-body and youll find out they can be made for around 300+ shipping. a few people on the org have received them and ive seen their pics they look really nice. there was a set on ebay too which someone received and all it was was mercedes projector fiberglassed into a stock housing. and disrespected you were asking about a custom set too, same deal, whiteboy or adam. hope some of this info helps you guys out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search