Help Me Remove Paint Particles Off My Car - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help Me Remove Paint Particles Off My Car
Saturday, September 02, 2006 3:02 PM
well i was washing my car today and i noticed that on one side of it theres paint all over it. (those little small paint particles that fly around when you paint and when they land on things they look like little tiny dots.) its all over the front windshield, drivers side window and rear window and on my black polished faced wheels. my question is how can i remove it. i could do it with my nail but its so much i know there must be an easier way without painting it again or scratching it. thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Out The New Wheels...

Re: Help Me Remove Paint Particles Off My Car
Saturday, September 02, 2006 4:47 PM
clay bar

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin
Saturday, September 02, 2006 4:51 PM
u mean over spray right? or road paint? if its over spray u can use a razor blade and lightly scrape it off the windows , as for the paint and rims use a regular rubbing compund on the car with a buffer and then wax it after . remember rubbing compound is ur best friend

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Saturday, September 02, 2006 7:11 PM
laquer(?) i dont know if thats how its spelled. its the very flammable stuff. thats what we use at our detail shop.

Sunday, September 03, 2006 7:28 AM
TheGreenMachine wrote:laquer(?) i dont know if thats how its spelled. its the very flammable stuff. thats what we use at our detail shop.

i do think he still wants paint on his car , so laquer thinner is outta the question

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Sunday, September 03, 2006 2:38 PM
It will work for the windows though. The body, I would use the buffer and then wax the hell out of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 03, 2006 2:38 PM

GIT 'ER DONE!
Sunday, September 03, 2006 7:39 PM
Joker 0387 wrote:
TheGreenMachine wrote:laquer(?) i dont know if thats how its spelled. its the very flammable stuff. thats what we use at our detail shop.

i do think he still wants paint on his car , so laquer thinner is outta the question

I also worked at a detail shop, and we used laquer paint thinner, And it wont hurt the paint so long as you dont leave a towel soaked in it on the car. Remember to use plenty laquer, if you go that route. and if that doesn't work, then, clay bar it, I guess. But, using laquer thinner is a much cheaper alternative.

We spend our life in chains, not knowing that we have the key
Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:20 PM
and DONT SPRAY anywhere near your car next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

15.1@90.34mph
Sunday, September 03, 2006 10:32 PM
If you're not experienced with using it...

DO NOT USE LACQUER THINNER!!!!!!!

Try a clay bar before anything else...

That is all.

Monday, September 04, 2006 11:09 AM
thanks guys for all your help. i think im gonna stick with the clay bar for now. i don't want my rims 2 get ruined. i tried taking a pic but it came out blurry. heres the best 1 i got. (damn cheap camera ) you could see the little white spots on the black painted part of the rim. i will post an update to let you guys know how it went. thanks again.

-dougall- wrote:and DONT SPRAY anywhere near your car next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i didn't. i think this happened at work but im not that sure. i was washing it and then i notice it had all these little paint particles on one side of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Out The New Wheels...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search