Molding In Rear?! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Molding In Rear?!
Friday, September 26, 2008 8:11 AM
Hey guys I'm in the process of finishing my car... I have my front bumper molded in and I was wondering how would you mold in the rear bumper? My front and fenders are fiberglass so that was a no brainer. Most guys I hear just use fiberglass, kitty hair and body filler. So if you would please give me the low down. Thanks, have a good one

Re: Molding In Rear?!
Friday, September 26, 2008 10:50 AM
panel bond. 3m or fusor

Friday, September 26, 2008 11:16 AM
^^^ thats it and that is all

Friday, September 26, 2008 1:33 PM
who are most of these guys that use kitty hair and filler?

whoever they are....they're hacks.

3m panel bond 8115 or fusor 147.

If you try and follow "those guys" advice, you'll pay for it later.

Friday, September 26, 2008 4:03 PM
3m speedgrip or fusor

Friday, September 26, 2008 7:22 PM
I have some fusor 108B bonding adhesive on hand... will that bond ok... I know it's metal to metal bonding but I figure a porus surface like fiberglass would adhere pretty good... what do ya think?

Monday, September 29, 2008 8:01 AM
i wouldnt mold bumpers , it dont really look right , and if its lowered and stiff itll just crack later on down the road

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Monday, September 29, 2008 8:07 AM
conrad francis wrote:I have some fusor 108B bonding adhesive on hand... will that bond ok... I know it's metal to metal bonding but I figure a porus surface like fiberglass would adhere pretty good... what do ya think?

i think you should listen to joey and the other people who have done it before. they offered perfect, exact advice. use 3m panel bond 8115 or fusor 147 like joey said. they are specifically used for these apps, not metal to metal like you have.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search