Cav trunk on 97 sunfire sedan - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cav trunk on 97 sunfire sedan
Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:25 PM
Ive seen this done a few times, but i need to know what I will need for a cavalier trunk conversion on my 97 sunfire sedan. I'm tired of lookin at that ugly black bezel across the trunk, and my lid is shot anyway as it has holes from the spoiler, and a dent right on top. I know the lid will bolt up, but what year cav taillights will i need? will they fit right on. im hopin its 95-02 cuz i already ordered some altezza's from ebay for 95-02. all help appreciated. thanks.

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member

Re: Cav trunk on 97 sunfire sedan
Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:33 PM
Yeah, 95-02 is what you need and they will fit right on.

Monday, November 17, 2008 5:51 AM
Both inner and outer will fit right on, with no modification? Im gonna try this today.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 1:36 PM
Yes Matt, all you need is the Cavalier trunk lid and the Cavalier inner and outer taillights. The Cavalier outer taillights will fit just fine on your Sunfire Sedan.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:45 PM
got it done today, looks great! thanks everyone!!!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:47 PM

Thursday, November 20, 2008 8:14 AM
can they still be considered altezza tails if they arent all chromed out?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:31 AM
altezzas are actually not chrome. euros are. the bo they came in was labeled wrong but I these are the tails i wanted anyway

Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:42 PM
well as long as you like em than thats good. they look almost like the smoked Spyder brand lights (a nice look on a white car). i like em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:06 PM
Matt Littel wrote:

Same tails as mine, just not smoked. They look real nice smoked. Heres an idea. since your car is white i would get them done darker than mine tho. Looks nice keep it up.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:13 PM
actually theyre not smoked tho its just dark in the garage lol. i like the idea tho!

Thursday, November 20, 2008 5:04 PM
ummm i said same as mine but not smoked.. but yeah it looks nice!

Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:25 PM
I'm not a fan of the taillights, but other than that it looks good. So much cleaner than the Sunfire trunk panel and taillights. Keep up the good work Matt!

Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:17 PM
whiskerbiscuit wrote:ummm i said same as mine but not smoked.. but yeah it looks nice!

ohh sorry bout that didnt kno exactly what u were gettin at at first lol. but i agree smoking them a bit would be a nice touch...

Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:29 PM
how would i go about getting the professional look of smoked lenses? never done aftermarket tails b4.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:40 PM
Well I am impressed I like the cleaner look. I have a similar question - if you have a 97 sunfire COUPE - same thing? Just buy the trunk and cav tails? No need to change fenders or anything?
Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:52 PM
No need to change QUARTERS is what I meant - lol sorry reading too many topics I was stuck in "headlight" mode.
Sunday, November 23, 2008 5:15 PM
Jeffrey M White wrote:Well I am impressed I like the cleaner look. I have a similar question - if you have a 97 sunfire COUPE - same thing? Just buy the trunk and cav tails? No need to change quarter panels or anything?

A Cavalier trunk lid and taillights WILL NOT fit on a Sunfire Coupe without extensive modification.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 6:46 PM
yea the sunfire coupe is the oddball. totally diff rearend from cav 2dr, 4dr, and sunfire 4dr.

Monday, November 24, 2008 3:16 PM
Thats what I thought, just wanted to make sure. I just dont like the fact that the taillights are in 2 parts on the sunfire coupe (in the quarter and blended into the trunk) and when you get any aftermarket tails they come with just the quarter part, and it looks super weird.
Monday, November 24, 2008 4:18 PM
Jeffrey M White wrote:Thats what I thought, just wanted to make sure. I just dont like the fact that the taillights are in 2 parts on the sunfire coupe (in the quarter and blended into the trunk) and when you get any aftermarket tails they come with just the quarter part, and it looks super weird.

That's why 99.9% of Sunfire Coupe owners paint the trunk panel to match the color of the car:

The parts of the taillights that are on the trunk panel don't actually light up, they're only reflectors. Paint the trunk panel and your problem will be solved.

Monday, November 24, 2008 6:05 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:
Jeffrey M White wrote:Thats what I thought, just wanted to make sure. I just dont like the fact that the taillights are in 2 parts on the sunfire coupe (in the quarter and blended into the trunk) and when you get any aftermarket tails they come with just the quarter part, and it looks super weird.

That's why 99.9% of Sunfire Coupe owners paint the trunk panel to match the color of the car:

The parts of the taillights that are on the trunk panel don't actually light up, they're only reflectors. Paint the trunk panel and your problem will be solved.

I LOVE that car!! how come you sold it??

Thursday, November 27, 2008 9:51 AM
974drfire (Matt Littel) wrote:I LOVE that car!! how come you sold it??

Because I'm a @!#$ idiot .

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 3:46 PM
Ok i want to put a 98 Sunfire 4door trunk lid on my 98 Cavi. 2 door. Ive noticed that the Sunfire inner tail lights dont have the back up lights. What can be done to put the back up light in there? Can the cavalier inner tails replace the Sunfires? Amm i looking at more work than its worth. I just want a trunk lid with no spoiler and no 3rd brake light on it i can mount and aftermarket spoiler. Sould I just keep lookin in the scrap yards and not bother with this CL Sunfire lid?
Thursday, August 05, 2010 11:18 PM
Anybody know where to get a set of LED tails for a fire gt 98? All I can seem to find are those ugly Euro things.

Stop, Drop and Roll doesn't work in Hell!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search