Questions bout going H.I.D.... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions bout going H.I.D....
Monday, November 17, 2008 7:26 AM
Found it on Retro-Solutions Ebay Store. Whut u guys think? on those projectors hows the light output n all that stuff like cut off u guys talk about, haha. i know nothing bout H.I.D. so a lil help?
...the thing i like is, it has all i wanted built into one. the bright white style H.I.D., the blue halo's, projectors, and everything else one would need to peice together a retro-fit...at least i think its everything.
so a lil help from the H.I.D. masters would be nice!
thanks alot in advance!

Re: Questions bout going H.I.D....
Monday, November 17, 2008 8:22 AM
Those are a brand new product on the market.

I have not seen or heard how the light output is. What I do know is they are a custom bulb in an extremely small projector package. So it is not something that parts come easily for...aka you can not get bulbs from another donor car, or anything like that.

All in all they seem like a nice solution for someone who wants a custom headlight, but doesnt want to pay the hefty pricetag to have them custom made. I would also have to say, that they are going to be harder to seal, aka you would get a foggy headlight easy.....

also, the housing is so small, that they look very undersized in a lot of applications, and you can only get 1 color angel eye

Monday, November 17, 2008 10:42 AM
im sure the halos and bulb color come in different colors...
i think its just the group package that i noticed. because i wanted while H.I.D.'s with blue CCFL halos.

and y do u think they will het foggy? just curious [caz idk anything bout H.I.D.'s, lol]

Monday, November 17, 2008 12:38 PM
If i were you I would go with FX35 projectors.

See this kit is nice yes, but My concern is in construction and most importanlty Optic's.

It seems like a great "get every at once kit" but would wait until someone else bites the bullet and see how they turned out.

You know they almost look like the holagen mounted rigs int he halo projector setups.

I would inquire what are the lense measurements and ask for complet output picks.

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Monday, November 17, 2008 12:38 PM
I think that they will not seal properly in the housings, and cause some moisture build up. or at least if not properly installed could cause this.

right now there are only a couple different "packages" available for only a couple bulb applications. If these are popular units, they will probably expand and develop more bulb type appications.....if they are not popular they will probably stop making them.

But, without solid output pics, I am hesitant to use them. (the ones in the link you gave are the only ones he has) I wouldnt mind getting a set in and seeing how they do, but until then, I can not say one way or the other if they are good or bad.

Monday, November 17, 2008 12:50 PM
LiTCaV (The Bright One) wrote:If i were you I would go with FX35 projectors.

See this kit is nice yes, but My concern is in construction and most importanlty Optic's.

It seems like a great "get every at once kit" but would wait until someone else bites the bullet and see how they turned out.

You know they almost look like the holagen mounted rigs int he halo projector setups.

I would inquire what are the lense measurements and ask for complet output picks.

I am working on that, getting output pics, etc. And full dimensions of the housings, lens, and available options. I will post up my findings.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:10 AM
it's alot to spend only to find out the light output sucks, but i'm really interested in these.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:20 AM
well when you think that you are getting an HID kit, projector, angel eye, and custom chrome bezel......its actually pretty affordable.

But I am still awaiting a responce about these, including my pricing.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:22 AM
John Benham wrote:well when you think that you are getting an HID kit, projector, angel eye, and custom chrome bezel......its actually pretty affordable.

But I am still awaiting a responce about these, including my pricing.

I totally agree, but what I meant was that it would suck to have a expensive paper weight if the light output was no better then stock =)

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:40 AM
absolutely.

Friday, November 21, 2008 7:59 PM
i have another question, whuts the difference between a 35 watt kit and a 55 watt kit HID's? is the 55 watt kit brighter or something???

Saturday, November 22, 2008 9:41 AM
ChevyBoi89 wrote:i have another question, whuts the difference between a 35 watt kit and a 55 watt kit HID's? is the 55 watt kit brighter or something???

Exactly. A 55 watt kit is about 1/3rd brighter, as you would expect from the wattage difference. It's just a different ballast that drives the bulb a bit brighter and hotter -- from what I've seen, the bulbs are the same.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:23 PM
for 325 i'd much rather go with something OEM. they may be true projectors but who knows what the output is like. if you wanted to go with a small projector just do s2000 instead of the FX. didnt read but are they bi-xenon? if not there are plenty of projectors that will fit into the stock housing without a lot of trouble, something you'd have to do with this kit anyway

14.82 @ 97 mph
Monday, November 24, 2008 6:30 AM
Geeky wrote:
ChevyBoi89 wrote:i have another question, whuts the difference between a 35 watt kit and a 55 watt kit HID's? is the 55 watt kit brighter or something???

Exactly. A 55 watt kit is about 1/3rd brighter, as you would expect from the wattage difference. It's just a different ballast that drives the bulb a bit brighter and hotter -- from what I've seen, the bulbs are the same.

no, the bulbs are different.

Externally they are the same, but running a 55w power source through a 35w bulb......you are destined for failure.

Jason Z24 wrote:for 325 i'd much rather go with something OEM. they may be true projectors but who knows what the output is like. if you wanted to go with a small projector just do s2000 instead of the FX. didnt read but are they bi-xenon? if not there are plenty of projectors that will fit into the stock housing without a lot of trouble, something you'd have to do with this kit anyway

not really......an OEM system is $160-$200 for the projectors (granted you can get them cheaper on occasion.....) $200-$500 for an OEM HID balast and bulb system, Then to tear aprat your headlights, and cut them in making custom bezels.....that is also very pricey. all together, if these are a good system with good output, they are a great value for the money.

But if thier output sucks, or the product is made from inferior products, its a waste.

Im still trying to get some people signed up for a trial run on them.

Monday, November 24, 2008 6:42 AM
John Benham wrote:the bulbs are different.

Externally they are the same, but running a 55w power source through a 35w bulb......you are destined for failure.

That could be a bad thing for me. The retailer I got mine from is selling bulbs with "35 and 55 watt ballast compatibility", and offering a 12 month warranty regardless. I have the higher output ballast. Should be interesting to see if I have problems.

Monday, November 24, 2008 9:31 AM
well let me know if you have any problems, if they say they can handle the 55w, you will know if thats not the case in the first year.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:19 AM
The retro-kits from "Retro-Solutions" are nice, but made in China! And only come 35 watt!(approx. 3000lm)(actual light output). I'm getting the same kind of kit, BUT 50watt !!!(approx. 4500lm) Easy to use, very reliable, very BRIGHT, any style, any color, NO CUTTING of your lights or radiator support to install and come with FACTORY LIFETIME WARRANTY from a US Factory! $400 (shipped)(ready to ship in 1 week)
They ARE a little smaller in length than common style projectors, but that is to insure fitment for many applications. Not only that, but projectors tend to look better if they're not right up agaist the lens.

Brian

highvoltage420@comcast.net
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:04 AM
Brian T wrote:4500lm) NO CUTTING of your lights or radiator support

highvoltage420@comcast.net

hows this gonna work?

Monday, April 06, 2009 6:18 PM
John Benham wrote:well let me know if you have any problems, if they say they can handle the 55w, you will know if thats not the case in the first year.

As a follow up to this, I've just diagnosed the passenger-side bulb as dead. (Flickers but fails to ignite, ballast runs driver's bulb fine.) I'm in the process of trying to claim warranty. We'll see how this pans out, and whether the other bulb is going to follow.

Monday, April 06, 2009 6:30 PM
guys, i have problem. not so much about HID's. but was the cause of my HID's and me not upgrading and such...

so when my HID system quit on me...dunno if both balasts are blew, or the bulbs just died...
but since they dont work.

i bought some StreetGlow hi-wattage bulbs and stuck em in my stock socket.
one day i was driving, and my lights seemed very dim, i pulled the bulbs out, and
on the drivers side [the one that was dim] the socket was fried!!! so then i went to
AutoZone bought a replacement socket for my 9007 bulb, and its still very dim.
[i replaced with two new fresh Silverstar ULTRA's] and its throwing the service light,
which according to AutoZone, they can only che ck "check engibe lights" not sevice.
so i dunno whut the problem is! any ideas???

and i did not put a hi-wattage socket in to replace, i just put in a normal replacement.
and i only did the one on the bad side, the other one was fine, so i left it....

any help is greatly appreciated!
caz ive been pulled over numorous times for having
a "not within specs. headlamp" no ticket yet tho!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search