Free Cavalier...UPDATE..2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Free Cavalier...UPDATE..2
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:01 PM
Hello again thanks for all of the suggestions today was the last do of working on my cavy before i have to go back to school tomorrow, and again this is the first time of me acctually ever working on a car like this, and thanks to you guys it came out really nice.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

PULLED THE DENT OUT SOME:

DEBADGED:

WHAT I DID:
Popped out the dent some,Debadged all the way around, removed the side moldings, first time doing this, tell me what you think, and thanks alot for your holp

Re: Free Cavalier...UPDATE..2
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:21 PM
Looks ok. Like I said in the first thread, ill give u a couple hundred bux for it.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:51 AM
You can keep your updates in the same thread, will keep things from cluttering up and having numerous update threads everywhere.

Anyways, lookin good for a free car keep at it.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:16 AM
how hard is it to take those side moldings off cuz the car does look alot better with out them?

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:46 AM
The Fallen Silvo wrote:how hard is it to take those side moldings off cuz the car does look alot better with out them?

This may help you:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=217720&t=217720&p=1
Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:47 PM
Thanks Guys, and yeah its not hard at all to take off the side molding, i think mine came out pretty nice for it being my first time taking them off.
Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:50 PM
Only warning I have with the side moldings is to make sure they havent been painted over. My molding on my quarter panel had been painted over when I got a dent fixed and I pulled it off and I found a nice pretty paint line.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 4:36 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Only warning I have with the side moldings is to make sure they havent been painted over. My molding on my quarter panel had been painted over when I got a dent fixed and I pulled it off and I found a nice pretty paint line.

x2

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Sunday, January 23, 2011 5:15 PM
Jay Corkit wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Only warning I have with the side moldings is to make sure they havent been painted over. My molding on my quarter panel had been painted over when I got a dent fixed and I pulled it off and I found a nice pretty paint line.

x2

x3 yeah i had silver under one of my molding on my four door

Monday, January 24, 2011 5:56 PM
Cool thanx for the info cuz ive always wanted to take those off the car looks soo much better without them. I was always just worried about messin the cars paint up. And it shouldnt have any paint lines or odd paint underneith since the dealer i bought the car off of had bought it off an old lady so it was garage kept mostly.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:02 AM
It's a strange coincidence that every used car from every dealer seems to have been traded in by an old lady.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:49 AM
Scott (Silver Z) wrote:It's a strange coincidence that every used car from every dealer seems to have been traded in by an old lady.

lol i know its kinda funny lol ohwell i guess it happens

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:03 PM
Or the dealer is lying to sell you a car.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:46 PM
Luckily when I bought my car, the carfax said it was a one owner so I was pretty sure it was a ok car

Sunday, January 30, 2011 8:17 AM
DANG...I got my car painted and never took em off.......
Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:04 AM
The Fallen Silvo wrote:how hard is it to take those side moldings off cuz the car does look alot better with out them?

Its not too hard to do. Ive done it on 3 or 4 vehicles. Some of them came off with a little more trouble though. Just take some fishing line and go behind the molding and move it back and forth like a saw, get enough unstuck so you can grab it with your hands then just grab it and peel it off. Then use one of those 3M rubber wheels for your drill to get the tape off.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search