ATTN: West PA, East OH, WV Meet May 27th - J-Body Meets Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ATTN: West PA, East OH, WV Meet May 27th
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:42 AM
Finally, I am setting up a meet for all of us Western PA and others listed above JBO members so we can fulfill something that hasn't been achieved for a while and we keep whining about.
Date: May 27th, Saturday
Time: Probably early afternoon, 1-4
What: Chat, compare, show off, eat somewhere together
Where: I'm leaving that up to us. Right now im setting it for the new Robinson Mall off of route 60(or w/e name it uses from where your coming from) near the airport. Give me a vote here people. Other options could be Ross Park Mall in North Hills, Beaver Valley Mall in Beaver, even Monroeville expomart could serve as a proving ground as well. Tell me where you all would like it by the 6th of May, I will tally your votes from on here that day and set a place for the meet then. I'm only doing this to be fair, if you just want me to pick, tell me, because i know choosing a place is a deciding factor in how many people come.

So, go forth my children, spread the good word to those who don't usually visit the JBO meets forum or the Regional forums. I would really like for a good turn out and hope to see you all there. Any questions can be delivered here, my email, or a private message on these boards.

Re: ATTN: West PA, East OH, WV Meet May 27th
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:54 AM
Count me in. I'm game for showing up wherever it is. There really is no place around my house we could meet, so I'll leave the suggestions up to the other people interested.

Might be a good idea to make this post in the NE forum though just to make sure we get everyone in on this.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:20 AM
grrr i say make it a week earlier or a week later lol i'm on vacation that weekend!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:47 AM
i would say meet at the sears/dicks sporting goods side of the mall. there will be more room to park the cars.

SIG coming to an org near you!!!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:42 PM
oh yea im def in, just get back to all of us where it is

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:48 AM
Well a couple of people have asked i move it to a different date, so, barring anything unforseen, the new date will the June 3rd, Saturday. Robinson Mall is the most likely place atm and if that is how it goes, I think a trip to Golden Corral(buffet) is in order. Those of you who know the area know its right there and is great food! Also, if this gets wings and gets more than like a half dozen people to come, I will mroe than likely set up another meet in Mid or late July. Just an FYI. And bomXcavi, youve got a PM
Friday, April 21, 2006 8:06 AM
i might be in, depends on when i'm working

Friday, April 21, 2006 9:56 PM
we should just make it a weekly or every other week thing. that way if you can make it thats cool if not here will be a meet again. because you can meet when everyone can make it. it's too hard you'll keep moving the date around and we will never get together. thats just my opion
Saturday, April 22, 2006 1:43 PM
Ok, ive gotten a couple of votes for both Robinson and Monroeville on PM's and emails so their about tied right now. 1 vote for on the Strip District, so theres another idea. Some people have put forth the idea of a weekly/biweekly/monthly thing, and I had planned on doing that if our first meet got enough attention. Thats a great idea but were jumping the gun. Thats something that can be discussed at the meet, or a later date when maybe theres a better hierarchy to follow so that things can be set up. I have made a thread in the NE forum as well to let people know that this is here and to respond to this thread with their votes and such. Also, ive got some people from WV and OH that have shown me interest so we may have something here. _orange_04_ECO_ I changed the date later for both you and ned so that you may be able to join us.

Something to keep in mind with this as well, I will set the place as I see fit with your opinions atleast for this first time. When we get together, we can maybe make the meet somewhere else for the next time, but please, please, if we dont make it right in your backyard, dont be discouraged and still attend. Iv'e driven to Monroeville before, its not that bad. Although gas is becoming an incresing issue for all of us I know. If it comes to it, maybe we can have factions in different areas, and both of us meet certain times and only with our side of town on other times.

The date is still a confirmed June 3rd for the mid-late afternoon and evening possibly. Food will be involved somehow, and someway, and a good time will be had by all.
Saturday, April 22, 2006 3:11 PM
its cool to see that there are people that are taking interest to this. i cant wait to get back and meet fellow j's around the area. thanks riley for the date change. now i just hope that i can get home in time to attend.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 9:08 PM
i see the changes, will have to try to attend!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:38 AM
If its ok that a formal j-body owners comes ill be there lol

2003 SE-R SPEC V
Custom turbo kit with a t66 turbo @ 15psi, Apexi safc2, custom side exit exhuast, JWT cams, JWT bsr, inovate wideband system, CP 8:5/1 pistons, carrillo rods, comp clutch stage 4, hks catch can, 10k hids. And more to come
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:47 AM
colorchange wrote:If its ok that a formal j-body owners comes ill be there lol

no we dont want you around

Hell if I care, more the better

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:03 PM
acidburn1022 wrote:
colorchange wrote:If its ok that a formal j-body owners comes ill be there lol

no we dont want you around

Hell if I care, more the better

My motor should be done by then also

2003 SE-R SPEC V
Custom turbo kit with a t66 turbo @ 15psi, Apexi safc2, custom side exit exhuast, JWT cams, JWT bsr, inovate wideband system, CP 8:5/1 pistons, carrillo rods, comp clutch stage 4, hks catch can, 10k hids. And more to come
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:43 PM
what you doing to it?

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:53 PM
If its anywhere around Pittsburgh like the Ross Park mall then im in. Its gonna be like an hour drive for me but count me in. I should have my car done and turbo tuned good by then.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:09 AM
acidburn1022 wrote:what you doing to it?

turbonetics turbo kit Should be getting it late this week or early next week.

2003 SE-R SPEC V
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:11 AM
sounds pimp....so what hpp you looking at after the install?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:39 PM
well its a new car for me, so im starting from scratch again, got a 04 silver cav...but i will def come, cant wait to meet yinz and blue splash, maybe we will fianlly meet in person. and PS i didnt get any sort of PM at all, so any one, contact me on aim BubbyDigital36

Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:26 AM
acidburn1022 wrote:sounds pimp....so what hpp you looking at after the install?

When they dynoed there test car it was a bone stock spec v with 91 oct gas and stock exhaust and they put out 275 at the wheels. So i should be around 300 to 320 at the wheels with my other mods (cams, balance shaft removal,cat back, gutted cats and some other misc things). Atleast thats what all of us are thinking. I know im gonna have to take stock up in tires lol.

2003 SE-R SPEC V
Monday, May 01, 2006 6:20 AM
I think we've reached the stage where most planned meets get to and then die off. I know there are more than a dozen JBO members in the Western PA/Pittsburgh area, Heck i've even spoken to a few of them, but we've got to get people to respond to this or let us know more or less if their interested. I guess even if their not interested. Attendance is of the utmost importance and I don't see why people that have responded to the other threads like in the regional Forum aren't representing here so why the EFF am I doing this?*dumps oil on self* Ready for flaming for complaining about my own thread. Any suggestions to contact people is great. I've attempted reaching several people from other threads through PM's and with almost no success.

Monday, May 01, 2006 6:37 AM
I think its so far planned ahead everyone is like ill go and forgets....also the date in the title is no longer the date we are meeting.

Monday, May 01, 2006 10:14 AM
Yea, but i'll get crap if i try to make another post with a correct date. I think I will do that when ever we get a set place for it, which is coming up fast.
Monday, May 01, 2006 12:16 PM
Im up for either robison mall or beaver valley mall. The south side is a little far for me and i never go to pittsburgh so ill get lost lol

2003 SE-R SPEC V
Saturday, May 06, 2006 9:55 AM
well riley it doesn look like im going to be able to make this one. finally got our official date and we dont leave until june 10. which should put me home around the mid to end of june. sorry man. but as soon as i get back ill contact you and maybe plan another one.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search