GMSC Bash Registration now online. $25!!! - J-Body Meets Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GMSC Bash Registration now online. $25!!!
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:16 PM
Bash Registration is now online. It's $25 and $35 at the door this year. Just click over the bash page to either register online or print and mail in the registration form...

http://www.gmsmallcarbash.com/bash/

-Tim

Re: GMSC Bash Registration now online. $25!!!
Saturday, July 01, 2006 8:46 AM
Hey Tim I will show up I just haven't pre registerd yet.

But I will be there !!!

Friday, July 07, 2006 5:01 PM
come on people.... We kept hearing about how much we wanted a BASH this year, Lets start registering...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, July 09, 2006 1:35 PM
Sorry all, the event has been cancelled.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 4:59 PM
why?

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:05 PM
"We regret to inform you that the 2006 GM Small Car Bash was been canceled."

Maybe the directors decided to go to summer school and brush up

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:06 PM
dude this really sucks, please tell me this is a joke

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:09 PM
cannon fodder wrote: why?

Extreme lack of interest measured by both GMSCB traffic as well as a gross lack of pre-registrations. Due to last year's debt, we were already scaling costs back and quite frankly, by this point in Tim's life, he can't risk to take another large hit like he did last year. If Tim wants to go into more details, he's more than welcome to, but the general answer is that there just wasn't sufficient interest this year to have enough confidence that the Bash wouldn't be another gaping debt for Tim and Tonya.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:21 PM
personally, myself along with several other people are planning on going but havn't registered yet... i think it might be a good idea to wait just a little bit longer before making this big of a decision. that's just my suggestion. i know some things can't be canceled too close to the scheduled date and still not have to pay for it though.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:33 PM
sucks to hear

but cant say i saw it coming , 1/8 mile track in the middle of know wheresville , isnt the best place for a event

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:46 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]but cant say i saw it coming , 1/8 mile track in the middle of know wheresville , isnt the best place for a event

x2

along with that it took them longer to announce this year than in previous years.

i wanted to go but it fell on my g/fs b-day.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:56 PM
cannon fodder wrote:personally, myself along with several other people are planning on going but havn't registered yet... i think it might be a good idea to wait just a little bit longer before making this big of a decision. that's just my suggestion. i know some things can't be canceled too close to the scheduled date and still not have to pay for it though.

I agree 100 percent, I know of atleast 10 people in my are alone that WERE going 100% for sure but waiting to register.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 6:04 PM
the way things are looking right now for me job wise, i'll be attending too...

Sunday, July 09, 2006 6:08 PM
Godspeed wrote:the way things are looking right now for me job wise, i'll be attending too...

prolly not...

Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:09 PM
honestly guys, if all you people were planning on going 100% why hadnt you registered before now?
then it might have still had a chance

Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:53 PM
themarin8r wrote:honestly guys, if all you people were planning on going 100% why hadnt you registered before now?

Well I'm sure had we all known it was going to be cancelled, we would have registered. I don't think I pre registered for any of the bashes I've gone to...wait, I did once. At any rate....Lots of people always just register there....It's hard to gauge interest on anything just by the pre-registers....I know of several people who were going....

Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:54 PM
themarin8r wrote:honestly guys, if all you people were planning on going 100% why hadnt you registered before now?

True, but registration has only been up for less than 2 weeks. Cancelling seems really premature IMO.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 8:03 PM
IMO I really don't see it having a very big turn out.... main reason is cause its schudeled once school is back in

Sunday, July 09, 2006 8:16 PM
IMO reasons why the event would not be a success this year, or any year for that matter :

Venue Location (Middle of nowhere, 1/8 mile track is not a seller for most people, I personally could care less)
Poor Date (After school starts for majority of attendees)
and also from what I have seen, a lack of grass roots promotion of event, late announcement of event and uncertainty surrounding it.

From organizing large events in the past, Ive realized that if these three conditions arent met proficiently, you cant even begin to expect breaking even after you add up venue costs, labor, insurance, prizes, advertising, etc etc. If your going to do it, it needs to be balls out, take a risk, thats what business is about.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:24 PM
MishkaFan wrote:At any rate....Lots of people always just register there....It's hard to gauge interest on anything just by the pre-registers....I know of several people who were going....
Previous year's have always shown more interest in the pre-reg than this year. Quite a bit more interest....

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:33 PM
People are fickle you have to give them a huge incentive to pre-register and make it known or theyll usually wait until the last minute which is a big problem if you are an event coordinator. Punch and Pie or maybe a free t-shirt sometimes works. The most attendees can do to ensure success of the event besides help promote it is to pre-register as early as possible. If people don't percieve the event as being a huge deal early on, they are less likely to make solid plans on attending, almost like a pack mentality. Show your support early on.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:55 PM
we had only 13 Pre-registered cars for our car show this year, but then had 114 cars show up, if we were planning by the amount of pre-registered people we would have been way off.

I just put in my request from on Friday, called Aaron (PHLATCAV) and told him I was coming down to roll with them. This sucks, now I gotta find something to do from Thrusday night till the next tuesday.

My Myspace Page
Sunday, July 09, 2006 10:15 PM
hmm this really blows there was an actual group from texas that were going to make the drive.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 10:23 PM

booooooooooooooooooooo

this sucks...

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Sunday, July 09, 2006 10:47 PM
Yeah, it really sucks. I have a baby due that very next week, but since it was just 2 hours away from the hospital, I talked my wife into letting me go and at least attend the show with the provision that I could drop everything and leave if necessary. Even with that uncertainty, I was pre-registered.

If there are gonna be any smaller meets in the area this year though (like St. Louis or Pigeon Forge), I'd be glad to try to come, especially if some of the people I know are gonna be there.

And this time next year, I plan on being rich, so I'd be glad to help Tim put together another event. That is, if that plan is fulfilled.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search