Photo Opportunity - J-Body Meets Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Photo Opportunity
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:12 PM
So I have not posted on here in quite some time (mostly because I don't own a J-Body anymore) but now I have a reason to return. My girlfriend is a photographer. Thanks to me, she has a great interest in cars. She is going to school for some kind of photo imaging major or something. Anyways, she wants to get into photographing nice cars. she took (and Photo-shopped) a few pictures at last fall's Cars & Cafe meet in Chanhassen, MN. I think she is really good, but I might be bias in her favor haha.

She tells me she will do the first couple of shoots for free, until she gets some experience, but after that she will charge (I'll tell her to give JBO discounts... I still like Cavaliers!).

She isn't just another stupid kid with a snapshot camera and a flashlight. She has a really nice digital Camera (Canon something) and flashes and a fish-eye lens and all kinds of other stuff that I don't understand what it does. She takes photography very seriously. A camera is to her what an engine is to you and me.

If your interested in meeting up in the twin cities area and having your car photographed somewhere (She could find a spot if you don't know of any....Maybe, I'll ask.) than the best thing to do would be to PM me on here or email me at ecoswappedz24@yahoo.com (Use the subject title "Car Pictures" or something).

If you ask nice, she would prolly shoot pictures of whatever you wanted done (No, she will not shoot your pR0n)

Some samples of her photo skills

Cars & Cafe fall 2010 (I've seen her do way better than these.)

Our doggy (Subie.. Half boxer, Subaru engine is a boxer... Hence, Subie)

Photo shoot we did with my buddy. He was homeless for a few days between houses, so he got the nickname "Homeless Pat"

Just playin around with her fish-eye the day she got it. I think this looks cool.

I know there aren't to many automotive pictures, but I feel that this showcases her skills fairly well. I know she is capable of producing much better photos (I've seen them).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Re: Photo Opportunity
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:36 PM
Sorry if I put that in the wrong place. I guess I should point out that we are located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area in MN and Unless you wanna pay for our vacation, we likely won't be able to have her shoot the car in somewhere far away haha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 1:46 PM
it might be a canon rebel model
but hope you find some ppl around your area to get some photoshoot.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:14 AM
YES! Rebel! That sounds right. Thanks.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:11 AM
have her look into a polarising filter. it will help get rid of the glare and reflections on the windows. and watch the sun flare. tell her to try getting lower instead of standing over the cars and have her look up the rule of thirds. i personally dont care for her PP but thats more personal taste. tell her to keep practicing and have fun.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, February 14, 2011 4:35 PM
SECOND DOG PIC IS TOO CUTE LOL

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search