Cams with GM supercharger - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cams with GM supercharger
Friday, February 12, 2010 5:47 PM
I recently purchased a gm supercharger for a 97 sunfire 2.4. I've been considering H.O. cams or W41 cams will these help? Or Should I just do the secret cam swap? I've searched but all I found was something from 5 years ago for the H.O cams. My plan is to port and polished head, 2.3 ho springs, si stainless valves and ho cams.

Re: Cams with GM supercharger
Friday, February 12, 2010 5:54 PM
while i do think the HO cams would yield good gains, i really do not think they would be worth all the trouble if you're using the gm blower.

secret cams do a good job and i definitely think HO's would do better, its just all in how much work you want to do to get to around 230whp.

if you want to go all out with the engine/blower setup and the blower maxed out you'll get there, or if you want to just do HO cams and a nice ported head id bet you'll get there easier. fact remains though... around 230whp is all you'll ever get with the blower no matter how much you have done. its a proven fact.

of course, its all speculation anyways, i dont think anyone but clyde has ran a gm blower with HO cams. i could be wrong though. so who knows.

Friday, February 12, 2010 6:26 PM
Truly 230whp would be fine for me, I don"t want to go crazy. Just an opened up head, cams, a supercharger, and some meth
Friday, February 12, 2010 7:18 PM
The difference of the intake cams is very minimal, on the secret cams. The best best bet would be to get the exhaust cam and stick with the LD9 intake cam. The LD9 exhaust cam is a bit lacking, especially in S/Ced applications. IIRC John Higgins runs the exhaust cam with the S/C.

Saturday, February 13, 2010 4:24 PM
So then I don't have to hassle ho cams. This will be easier and cheaper.
Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:26 AM
you should consider NOS.

Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:35 AM
do you mean nitrous? or the brand/company NOS

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:39 AM
I meant Nitrous Oxide- Auto-Grade. And if NOS is the brand name you want to go with then good,great, grand, wonderful

Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:49 AM
ruh roh. it's bout to get ugly.

Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:10 AM
Maken Waves wrote:I meant Nitrous Oxide- Auto-Grade. And if NOS is the brand name you want to go with then good,great, grand, wonderful

LOL at least you spelled it right. but i dont get why you still say it wrong.

NOS-nitrous oxide systems.

not nitrous ox side. (like most think)

Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:41 AM
Happy valentines day everybody. LOL

Sunday, February 14, 2010 1:46 PM
I want to mess with nos, its a daily driver
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search