Suggestions PLEASE - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suggestions PLEASE
Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:43 PM
Im building a turboed E85 2.4L cavalier and im wondering if any1 has done this before. if so any suggestions??? about it or comments

Re: Suggestions PLEASE
Saturday, September 27, 2008 5:32 PM
Tyler Wichers wrote:Im building a turboed E85 2.4L cavalier and im wondering if any1 has done this before. if so any suggestions??? about it or comments

You will definitely need HP tuners to increase the fuel across the board. my buddy ran E85 in his turbo MR2. He had to increase the fuel for all the cells in his fuel map. By about 20-25% if I remember correctly.

Other than that, nothing needs changed. Make sure all your fuel lines are metal. E95 will eat away at rubber, i think.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 12:02 AM
its about 30-40% more fuel compare to premuim im plannin to run about 8 pounds off boost with 35 wet shot of nitrous so like example 30 lbs injectors premium with standard boost so like with E-85 45-50lb injectors would thats sound about right or go higher? u think a walbro 255 fuel pump is nes or just use a blazer pump any ideas for spark plugs do u know of
Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:54 PM
I am slowly headed in this direction as well, the major difference being MegaSquirt. They offer flexfuel options rather than just E85 or just pump gas. Look it up, its a sweet deal. Not sure of any of park plug changes and whatnot. Best of luck and keep us updated!

ZZZZZZZ
Friday, October 03, 2008 4:48 AM
30% across the board is right. I would go for 6olb injectors bare minimum. Don't forget to increase the fuel pill of your nitrous inejctor 30% as well. Spacemason is right about megasquirt, you have the option of installing an alcohol contect sensor in the fuel tank which will be used to boost your fuel tables in the newer versions. It works the same as OEM E85 vehicles. Asside from upgrading everything which can corrode and all of the fuel flow components, you need to do nothing different than a normal turbo build.
As far as the fuel pump, I maxed one Walbro 255 out at around 400whp. I installed a second one inline and it took me all the way to 450 before fuel pressure dropped. I would say by going to decent sized fuel lines all the way to the tank a 93pump gas car could put as much as 500 wheel down, take away 30% and that is where your max would fall with a pair of walbros.
Basically I wouldn't shoot for higher than 350 wheel with 60lb injectors and two walbro 255 pumps.

Cardomain|Myspace

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search