Silver 04 ls status - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Silver 04 ls status
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 2:07 AM
I forgot about this thread.......

Update on the car

Sold the suspension, back to stock
Sold racing seats
Sold Aluminum control arms- swapped to welded up stockers on poly bushings.
Installed 95-99 ld9 ACT 6 puck clutch disc with spec 2 pressure plate and aluminum flywheel
picked up some aluminum 5 star drag rims.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 8:32 AM
Wednesday, February 02, 2011 2:55 PM
I don't plan on parting it all out, I just got tired of replacing rear strut mounts after the @!#$ty roads in the winter on the Koni's. Now that I'm on stock struts and springs again, I got wheel hop and tq steer so I might drop it if I can find some Tein S-tech's or if a good deal pops up on some Tein ss's. I've got some other Idea's and would like to get tints this year.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 10:28 PM
glad to hear it will not come to an end on the build. yeah i searched for the post to find out about the ls1 tb mount. also found other helpfull info.

Thursday, February 03, 2011 1:42 AM
Glad it was of help Jason, if you have any questions down the road feel free to pm me, and I'll help if I can.

Thursday, February 03, 2011 3:18 PM
yea jeff, don't give up yet...HAHA! It's hard to find good deals on the Tein SS's, I've been looking fo a year and haven't come across anything cheaper than 1200...

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Saturday, February 05, 2011 4:34 AM
I'm not giving up just yet, I'm just slowing down. My Dakota project needs a custom y pipe for the new stainless headers I have sitting in the bed, then some body work and a new fender. So now that I got the clutch changed out on the LS I can start working on the truck so I can get the new motor fired up.

Friday, February 18, 2011 3:49 PM
What did you build for it?

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:38 PM
Mythod wrote:What did you build for it?

I don't have the time to build a harness for the LS swap I'd have liked to do, so I decided that i might as well get some kind of upgrade and went with an 5.9 instead of the 5.2 and threw a cam and new valvetrain int the motor. I also had all new rings, bearings installed, and a fresh set of heads. I'm debating on building a turbo kit for it once I get it running using flipped manifolds. I'll post up in other cars progress on this truck eventually.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:02 AM
Updates coming shortly

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:30 PM
Subscribed & inpatient. lol

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/

Friday, April 01, 2011 1:05 AM
impatient?

Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:45 PM
Anything new happening ??

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:24 AM
Car should be back from paint by the end of the week, and awaiting some fancy projectors from Mr. John benham, and a few more I won't mention until I got pics.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:31 AM
Well I've decided it is time to sell the supercharger setup and move on guys. The M62 had a good run.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:04 AM
TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, May 20, 2011 6:53 PM
Yes....turbo

Sunday, June 19, 2011 1:39 PM
Parts that I've collected so far

Forged 8.9:1 pistons,
Eagle rods,
Hahnracecraft coated turbo manifold with external gate,
LZM balance shaft delete kit-thanks gmanz24,

I also still have been too lazy to swap my 00-02 trunk and spoiler onto the car or install my Johnny benham retro projectors, and my new foglamps.
I also forgot to add that I picked up another set of aluminum lowwer control arms that I want to use with the aluminum N body nuckle and see if the celica gts rotor, and 96 concord hub bearing will work be a bolt on brake upgrade that keeps the stock bolt pattern and allows all unsprung components to be aluminum.....But once I get around to that I'll update the thread I started in suspension and media.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 19, 2011 1:42 PM

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:45 PM
bump because it took 20 mins to find it, plus is it done yet? lol

Friday, July 22, 2011 4:31 AM
Nope not done yet, I'm buying parts as my buget allows. Since the last update I've collected my Treadstone intercooler and Tial 38mm wastegate, and paid some tuition. I did pick up a vert bar though when I was at the yard last weekend looking for an eco harness that wasn't cut up and I also saw 2 sets of aluminum N body knuckles for my suspension setup I'm going to have to snag next time out. I decided that I'd rather swap an un mod'd harness on my car and sell the blower kit with the tmap and ls1 pigtail soldered and shrink wrapped than chop mine up again to undo that. Plus whoever gets it will have a plug n play setup where they can just swap everything over.

Friday, July 22, 2011 12:52 PM
Man I wish I had your setup instead of trying to put it together. Lol. Did I.read it correctly that you had the tsudo header coated?

Friday, July 22, 2011 1:02 PM
My Tsudo header is not coated at all, I had Atomic install a V band to connect the exhaust to my header and a new flex section because the one on the Tsudo wore out. My HRC turbo manifold is coated.

Friday, July 22, 2011 1:27 PM
Didn't even notice you welded the GAGTCAs. They are nice to look at, but will be in use by the end of the month.

Friday, July 22, 2011 2:46 PM
I never welded my GAGTCA's, I welded up my stock control arms.

Friday, July 22, 2011 2:48 PM
JUCNBST wrote:My Tsudo header is not coated at all, I had Atomic install a V band to connect the exhaust to my header and a new flex section because the one on the Tsudo wore out. My HRC turbo manifold is coated.

Ok. I am just trying to figure out what colors I wanted to do in my bay. I was thinking the tsudo looks good all shiny but havent figured out how to get it there yet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search