The History of the EvoFire - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The History of the EvoFire
Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:22 AM
Love this car so much!

Monday, October 04, 2010 10:20 AM
looks good man, nice to see a fellow jbo member in the phx area
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:17 PM
The AIS boost controlled Meth kit, as well as Cyberdyne boost and oil pressure gauges (digital) and my innovate wideband showed up last night. I just orderd my pump for the intercooler/heat exchanger. That is all I needed. Now its time to get this stuff put on.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:53 PM
Looks good. Nice and clean. Please dont get a bodykit.

GMR has got nothing on this
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:55 PM
Very nice but why 2 headers and i gotta ask it, what is the Evo from? i understand the cavFire cause the body of them both mixed but evo?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:27 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:Very nice but why 2 headers and i gotta ask it, what is the Evo from? i understand the cavFire cause the body of them both mixed but evo?

prob showin the diff between coated and uncoated headers
evo style hood.

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:12 AM
One is an lsj header. The other is an l61

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:06 AM
Car is tits, and I can't wait to see more, do work bro.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:10 PM
thanks guys. the car is getting some big changes soon. the blower, the hood is being painted, and there might be a gm lip kitin my future

Friday, February 18, 2011 5:46 PM
Just orderd my 27 inch resonator from Jegs for $27.98. Should be here in a week or so. I will probably install this and weld the bung for my o2 on at the same time. my g/fs cousin is a welder, and will do it all for me. he does great work.

Friday, February 18, 2011 11:40 PM
i want your brakes

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:07 PM
azncav wrote:i want your brakes

you and about 3-4 others that i know of.

Friday, February 25, 2011 11:23 AM
The resonator showed up last night. should be on this weekend. still waiting on the IC pump.

Friday, February 25, 2011 12:34 PM
i wanna see the supercharger installed! or u can sell it to me!

Friday, February 25, 2011 12:38 PM
Nate, 2300 and its yours. it have EVERYTHING you need. you could literally take it out of the box and install it. last part shows up tomorrow.

Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:52 PM
well, today was supposed to be a big day. Rj came over, and my girlfriends cousin was supposed to come over aswell. i wanted to get the gauges all in and wired, and the wideband installed.

Well Rj helped me wire all the gauges in the pod, and run the wiring for the senders for the boost gauge and OP gauge. I have to get an adaptor for the OP gauge, and then i can install that. The boost gauge can be done. I just see no sense due to the fact that it is not a vaccum gauge aswell.

Monday, February 28, 2011 12:39 PM
EvoFire wrote:Nate, 2300 and its yours. it have EVERYTHING you need. you could literally take it out of the box and install it. last part shows up tomorrow.

All the more reason this damn thing should be on already!

Eat my shift
Monday, March 14, 2011 6:38 PM
OK its official. Blower install is Friday April 1st - Sunday April 3rd. Planned a few days just for the assurance of enough time. Things should all be great. I am 99% positive i have everything. But would you guy be so inclined to name random parts, or parts that you know make it easier? I can check it as I go, and make sure I have it all before the 1st gets here?

Monday, March 14, 2011 10:26 PM
Get a smoothflow tensioner tool. Makes taking the belt on and off a breeze!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:13 PM
anyone else? come on peeps. going for a dry run checklist install this weekend to verify that i have everything.

Saturday, April 02, 2011 7:08 PM
Well Guys. Its on its runs, and I couldn't be happier. Everything went smooth except the PCM relearn, but that was our bad and we figured it out after a phone call to Grant. We were doing it wrong. Car pulls stupid hard after about 3k, and goes and whines all the way to the limiter. My pops said it was a lead sled before, but it moves now. We did not do the h/e'er, or the meth kit. RJ and I will probably do the gauges next weekend, and I hopefully can get the resonator, and o2 bung welded in on Friday.

Thanks to everyone that helped, everyone that sold me parts, everyone that dealt with my impatience and retardedness over the past 2 years of this "build". Thanks to RJ for coming to help, my dad for letting me use his garage for the weekend, and his neighbor Doug for the help with the belt. Alan and Eric for the parts of course too. Pics next weekend. Kyle and Jon, Stephen too. Thanks for all the help and advice and parts...

Saturday, April 02, 2011 7:33 PM

Saturday, April 02, 2011 9:37 PM
LSJ swap! LOL JK good to see the upgrade.

GMR has got nothing on this
Saturday, April 02, 2011 11:52 PM
jmarks82 wrote:Get a smoothflow tensioner tool. Makes taking the belt on and off a breeze!

anyone have any info on this? i cant find anything smoothflow other then pulleys...no tools..

Sunday, April 03, 2011 7:03 PM
Alright guys here are some better pics. I retaped a few things, and zip tied a few things up a bit better. Realized that i have the need to adjust the belt on the alternator pulley, other then that things are grand. The belt is on the outside 5 pulley on the alt, while on the inside 5 on the blower and the tensioner. Think it will matter much?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search