Newbie Ticket, 16yr old vs courts LONG - Page 3 - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Newbie Ticket, 16yr old vs courts LONG
Monday, March 28, 2005 8:06 PM
Shifted (KickAzz) wrote:This is a myth. If you overpay your fine, the court will cut you a check for the amount you paid over. If you don't cash it, thats your problem. To them, the fine is paid, and it is on your record. If you want to look up the myth, and the details surrounding it, go to http://www.snopes.com . I verified this through a family friend (District Attorney for Marinette County), and two police officers.

I never had any of them show on my record, and my mom told me she just shuffles them off into their own file, I suppose I could be wrong??

Tim

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:55 AM
I didnt think it was true but we'll see, while others are waiting for their spring break trips, I'm waiting for my court, It seems my life has been stopped until court
March 31st 9am I'll keep everyone up dated

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:15 PM
you sure it was clinton county out cuz ingham is in st johns...the cop will most likely be there cuz around here they have nuthing else to do. i just got done with all my court stuff not for speeding but for MIP and the prosacuter let me off easy b/c ihave nothing on my driving record and no prior convictions and im 18 (17 when it happend a month 2 months ago) but dont sweat it you'll prolly get off with community service. i was with ELPD and they are wack but in st johns they are all about honesty. if you have more questions im pretty good with the law around her so get at me - cody
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 12:35 PM
Well Court is tomorrow, ill probably post a new forum from it depending how long the post will be, not sure what my story is going to be but I called them and they dont know which court they need to send me to yet. Never got anything in the mail so we will find out. Thanks everyone for your input

Thursday, March 31, 2005 8:16 AM
THE VERDICT
Ok, not really what I was supsecting, I got a fine for $1,000 and 60 days in jail. Nah, Im just kidding. I ened up calling the court after I got out of work. They told me I owed $95 for the basic speed ticket and I would now get something in the mail with a new court date for late april. Well I told my dad this and he told me to call this morning and request a formal hearing for the violation. I called and the person I talk to sent it to the judge and he threw it out, as long as I paid for the basic speed. Sweet. So I only are ending up $95 dollars short and 2 points on my license. Thanks everyone for your input

Thursday, March 31, 2005 9:23 AM
now your insurence is going up and will remain up for 35 months.
Thursday, March 31, 2005 10:36 AM
true, but i only have PLPD for my cavy which was dirt cheap before any only should go up a few bucks.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:49 AM
I was watching this, but then totally forgot about it lol You got off pretty easy luckily.

When I was 15 and out driving I had gotten pulled over ended up with a ticket for violation of level 1 license (since I didn't have a licensed passenger over 21, she was only 20 with no license) and a ticket for improper plate, car ended up getting impounded (didnt matter it was a pos beater)

Since I was under 18 I only had to go to juvenile court where some rinky dink counselor type thing talks to you. She threw out the tickets, but I still had to pay $100... $50 per ticket for them having to hold a "traffic hearing" case

so $95 seems like a pretty good deal for you, sucks about the points though

Monday, April 04, 2005 9:42 AM
My dad thinks ill be uninsurable now when i get off his name since i have 2 tickets....

Thursday, April 07, 2005 4:56 AM
I wouldn't worry about that. In some states (Virginia), if you got a ticket, you had to go to a driving class. After the driving class, they added 5 points to your license. That makes you even more insurable. It could even bring down your rate, provided you let this be an isolated incident.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search