Ram air hood - Page 2 - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ram air hood
Thursday, April 14, 2005 6:18 AM
96Z24Colorado (The Other Matt) wrote:lol 300 is a little high but your right it doesnt come into affect untill higher speeds

Again... just stick your hand out the window to get an idea of how much air is rushing by.

I'm sure that if you're thinking of it as a boost effect, it would take speeds well over 100 mph... but that's not what we're looking for here.

Here, you're just adding a great source of cool air. If the air rushing by is enough to cool the engine through the radiator, then it's certainly enough to just provide air for the intake to suck up.

Friday, April 15, 2005 9:48 PM
no it works i swear i have the ram air duct weather stripped around this funny looking circular thingy and at WOT i read like 4 to 5 psi on my boost guage but it makes this funny whining noise

"dude, thats a girls car"
PSHHHTTT NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!
Saturday, April 16, 2005 7:26 AM
MUFF wrote:no it works i swear i have the ram air duct weather stripped around this funny looking circular thingy and at WOT i read like 4 to 5 psi on my boost guage but it makes this funny whining noise

If you remove that exhaust restriction, you'll get rid of the whining noise and perhaps see the full potential from your hood.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search