The Ultimate Newbie FAQ - Page 2 - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The Ultimate Newbie FAQ
Sunday, February 25, 2007 7:09 AM
Hello JBO world, (first post and new to american made)

I have now converted from Imports honda 3Geez , nissan, and mazda MX6
I have looked and cannot find the answer to my question. Is there any difference between the '97 2.2L Cavalier motor and the '97 2.2L Sunfire motor?
I have looked on SummitRacing and find that there seem to be more parts available for the Cav than the Fire even though the engine seems to be same on their site.
Most specifically I am looking at the intakes and wire and coil sets and it seems to be quite confusing which company fits the 2.2L/134 'Fire' engine.

One other question...I stumbled on a post while looking for something else and now I cannot find it. What I saw was a post about changing headlights on the Fires to aftermarket. There was mention about possibility of a company making an assembly. Cannot find the post now though.

BTW I really appreciate all the info here on this site. Looks like there is dedication and looks like NJHK just has too much time on his hands. Nice work though

Can I make a suggestion? It might help some people in the future if you had a breakdown not only by Gen like you do BUT add a breakdown by Engines as well. JM2c

Thanks
Rayzor

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 2:05 AM
Hi i have 2002 cavalier with the 2200 and want to turbo charge it. I was told an 89 Saab turbo set up for 150.00 from the junk yard would fit is that true or does anyone have better info on that.
Monday, April 23, 2007 11:45 AM
Have you ever heard of cryo2 its just like a nitrous kit and it sprays CO2 into your fuel mixture to rapidly cool your motor. We have a 93 Altima and would you suggest such a thing? My sponsers claim its safer than nitrous and it cools the engine by 60 percent. What do you think?
Saturday, April 28, 2007 11:35 PM
jordan duerksen wrote:.....it sprays CO2 into your fuel mixture to rapidly cool your motor. My sponsers claim its safer than nitrous and it cools the engine by 60 percent. What do you think?

WOW!! CO2 is the best thing that you can do to cool your motor! It works so well that they use it to put people in cryo sleep and even use it to cool down fires! Uh Oh. . . CO2 puts out fires. Stand back 4-6 feet, aim at base of fire, squeeze trigger and sweep side to side. CO2 bottle should be grounded at all times due to hazard of electrostatic discharge. Be careful to not let horn touch any electrical equipment while there is ice build up on outside.

Sounds like CO2 is just the thing you need to get your car cool as an ice-cube. . . Better yet, turn off the key.
Saturday, May 12, 2007 3:52 PM
I got reed of my airbag and ended up cutting the line to the airbag computer while putting in new carpet, could this be the cause of my code reader not working? If so what can I do about it, If not what could be the cause of the reader not working ( cigarette lighter doesn't work too).
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 8:53 AM
Hey, I'm looking for a turbo kit for a 2002, Z-24 Cavalier and I can't find one anywhere, Hahn said they dont make one for my car anymore, and can't find a kit for my car, Help Please!!!!
Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:43 PM
The diagnostic port is powered by the same fuse as the cigarette lighter. Check to see if your fuse is blown. If it is, try putting in another.

If it doesn't "pop", try plugging in an OBD-II code reader and see if it will power up.

If it "pops" once you have started the car, then you have pinched or grounded a switchable hot wire when you changed you carpet.
-OR-
If it "pops" before you can even turn on the car, then you ended up shorting an all-time hot wire to ground when you were putting in your new carpet.

If your fuse keeps "popping", DO NOT simply put in a higher fuse until it doesn't blow. That bypasses the safety built into the system by the fuses. It could lead to your wiring harness getting hot enough to catch fire. Instead, take loose the panels that you removed and replaced when changing your carpet. Look for any wire that has had its insulation nicked or is crimped by the panel against the metal chassis of the car.

Hope this helps.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:52 PM
'stoich' is not "enough fuel".. I understand this is the newbie forum and things should be of a newbie flavor, but there is a lot of mis-info in this sticky.. needs some serious revision.

Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:04 PM
FYI

Some of the links in the first post are dead.

Go to www.archive.org and they can be found there by searching for the full url's. The 2.2 History is there, but no pictures (from March 06)
Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:45 PM
can a header from a 96 2.4 cavi work on a 99 2.4 cavi?
is it the egr just different?
i do believe up to 98 a pipe came off the header flange to the egr to the first pipe on the header and the 99 header does not have that will it be in the way of the oil dipstick on the 99 2.4?
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:51 PM
How do I delete / edit a post??

Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:32 AM
I don't believe u can, altho the option should be added

ReD RaiN
Saturday, July 18, 2015 4:24 PM
Saturday, July 18, 2015 4:24 PM
Sunday, October 02, 2016 6:42 PM
Hey I'm new here and can't finger out how to get to the forum I want. I need to talk to people about the Pontiac 151 iorn duke.
I have built a 91 S10 151 I went flat top chey 350 pistons, port and polished, and custom ground cam shaft 465-217 roller cam. I did block off egr, mistake? Probably. I can set the Timing and reve the motor up fine but when u drive it, it falls on its face and u have to slowly give it gas.
I don't know if it's computer, Tbi, distributor problem or something eals any feed back would, will be greatly appropriated .
One last thing how will I know if someone has responded ?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search