Shift Knobs? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shift Knobs?
Wednesday, February 09, 2005 6:27 AM
Does anybody know where i can find a nice BIG selection of shift knobs, and what brands are better than others? also where can i find A guage pod or a guage face.. I have heard that APC is the best company for it but i need to know where i can find something like that....

Re: Shift Knobs?
Wednesday, February 09, 2005 6:32 AM
For a shift knob selection the only place I have found so far is:

http://www.andysautosport.com/

Asta La Vista OHV!! Defined Parts
Wednesday, February 09, 2005 7:00 AM
We've got a pretty big selection of shift knobs....

Thursday, February 10, 2005 5:36 AM
I've never heard of APC being the best company for ANYTHING.

Some of their stuff is better than others and some is complete garbage but the best? Not likely.

Thursday, February 10, 2005 4:52 PM
I made my own shift knob and it gets a lot of attention. I took a REAL pool ball (the nine ball, nope not 8 ball, nine) I drill a hole in the bottom and pressed it on. I even made a hole in the side and I had my nitrous shot right there. (nitrous is gone) I used the nine ball because you can find 8 balls in stores and why be like everyone else?

96Z24
Friday, February 11, 2005 10:50 AM
I grabbed a 12 dollar one from wal-mart, its an APC one but its shaped more like an egg w/ a opening in the middle of it, it gets alot of attention and its nice to pull it back into 2nd and 4th gear using just one finger. Only downside is your friends will find great humor in fingering your shifter knob for a few weeks....
Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:50 AM
Wild Weasel
Thursday, February 10, 2005 8:36 AM

I've never heard of APC being the best company for ANYTHING.

Some of their stuff is better than others and some is complete garbage but the best? Not likely.

TRUEST WORDS EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:49 PM
www.pro-carparts.com has alot of universal ones.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:05 AM
Can you put just any shift knob on a Getrag? What about that stupid reverse ring? Will that still work with a different knob?
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:31 AM
You can get knobs that are meant to work with it or you can remove it. It's up to you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search