pulley power? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pulley power?
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:42 PM
well i understand how the crank pullies work and i understand how they create or provide mroe power but i dont understand the alternator pullies. are they jsut for people with large systems? do they creat any kind of hp or trq.? i jsut assume they make mroe power for bigger systems. if anyone can clearify id appriciate it, thanks.

Re: pulley power?
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:27 PM
what do you mean by bigger systems...im guessing your talkin audio and if thats the case then its would be bad to get the alternator pully b/c it slows it down to make less resistence so it would lower the output of your alt. - cody
Thursday, March 31, 2005 6:11 PM
yes i was reffering to a stereo. im jsut basicly wondering if the alternator pullies provide any performance enhancments to my car? i guess that would have been a better way to word it, sry for the confusion. ok thanks.
Thursday, March 31, 2005 6:52 PM
actully 97]Ricecavy {just a thought but maybe you should read carefully}

i have personally seen the pulley system hes talking about and its not what your talking about. if he says that he assumes they make more power then hes reffering that thier bigger than stock OR HE'S IGNORANT lol AND IM WASTING MY TIME ARGUING WITH YOU see i bought a set of underdrive pulley's recently and unlike the ones your talking about that slow all accesories for more power these like he said reduce all ACCEPT! WHEN I PULLED THE STOCK ONES THE ALTERNATOR UNDERDRIVE IS LIGHTER BUT TECHNICALLY NOT AN UNDERDRIVE SO I HELD THEM NEXT TO EACHOTHER AND ITS BIGGER IN DIAMITER so i researched these pulley and it says that its bigger so at idle you do not lose votage but gain voltage and thanks to somthing i like to call a voltage regulator i can have max power from 0-60 or 0-110 and since i am pushing a 2000w kenwood amp and 2 1200w sony p5 comp subs i will not have to worry about my lights dimming anymore so next time somone says something odd dont try do make them feel stupid KEEP IN MIND THIS IS THE NEWBIES FORUM just try to help them out AND YES MIKE IF YOU AND I ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SAME KIT THEN YOU WILL GAIN HP BECAUSE THERE LIGHTER AND YES YOU WOULD WANT THIS IF YOU HAVE A SYSTEM AND YES SINCE IM FROM DOWN SOUTH I KNEW WHEN YOU SAID SYSTEM YOU WAS TALKIN BOUT SOME SERIOUS THUMP I WOULD PERSONALLY CONSIDER THIS KIT IF I WERE YOU ITS PARTIAL UNDERDRIVE PARTIAL OVERDRIVE AND IT HELPED MY ELECTRICAL FOR WHEN I PUMP UP THE GAIN AND SHAKE THE WHOLE BLOCK.

the fastest jbody?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search