Potential 02 Cav owner - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Potential 02 Cav owner
Monday, February 10, 2020 1:07 AM
So I can get a 02 Cavalier here in the Victoria BC area.One owner no rust Vancouver Island car cheap and straight.New fuel pump,filter plugs and wires.Was running great on my short test drive,it's cheap because it will stumble and stall while driving.The traction control light comes on while this happens.A walk away problem or simple fix?

Re: Potential 02 Cav owner
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 5:48 AM
Well you can take potential off the title.I bought it yesterday.For the paltry sum of $250 CAD,here is the ad https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/2002-Very-Used-Chevy-Cavalier_35234376# .I know most people wouldn't get excited by a old J body but I am..Judging by the lack of views nobody cares much either. Oh well.
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 9:24 AM
IMHO, you scored ! Congrats.
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 9:40 AM
I think so, it will be a little sad to see my 95 Nissan Pickup go. Can't see any way to have 2 vehicles.
Monday, February 17, 2020 6:13 AM
Hmmmmmmm that was to easy.My first stab at figuring out the driveabilty issue was a success. Got some sensor cleaner and took off the pipe from the air box to the intake plenum.Well one more bolt and I could look at the plenum to.Once I did that it came off WAY to easy..The throttle body sides where covered with gunk.Well I cleaned that out and tightened the plenum clamp and sure enough see runs great again!
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 2:52 AM
Not a bad little score at all.

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS

Thursday, March 05, 2020 1:32 PM
I think so The more I drive it the more I love it!.Did need an alternator but I got one cheap off Amazon.Scored some 16 inch alloy wheels from my local wrecker to,in very good shape. Five spokes that I just retouched rather than doing the whole blast and PC i was planing .I can do that at home but why do it if I don't need to.They REALLY make the car look fantastic,so much so I have a possible buyer.At this point It would be from my cold dead hands though.Been kinda looking at J bodies for years.
Friday, March 06, 2020 2:56 AM
LOL yeah J-bodies tend to get into your system and never really let go.

Friday, July 03, 2020 3:44 PM
Dam corona.Off work cause there ain't no tourists.Have the 02 Cav nicely freshened up.so what do I do? LOOK FOR SOMETHING ELSE OF COURSE! Found a 04 Sunfire for cheap.Clutch doesn't work but it does run great.Body VERY dirty but real solid bones.Half of the 300,000 km the Cav has on it. I like the Sunfire's styling just a enough more to get it plus it's a 5 speed.I miss driving a standard!
Sunday, July 05, 2020 1:07 PM
Sooooooo where's the pics? Lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search