How to HACK INTO your 2.0L Sunbird Computer! - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to HACK INTO your 2.0L Sunbird Computer!
Monday, September 18, 2006 3:52 PM
Hello All,

Looks like there is a lot of discussions going on here. Well on a tuning note I just wanted to share some 2.0L Fuel Injected Sunbird information. I moded the head on my 2.0L. Ported/Polished, decked 120 thou, port matched and did a 3 angle valve grind. Seeing whats actually going on INSIDE the motor has always been a curiousity. Well ive done the homework, calibrated the software, and tested it.

Ive figured out how to "tap into" the computer as the car is running. This is accomplished through the FACTORY DIAGNOSTIC PORT which is located under the dash on the drivers side, right next to the fuse panel.

You can VIEW almost ANYTHING going on with the car.

If you want to know ANY more though you are going to have to visit my site where ive posted the info.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/spirittrapper

Trust me. Its worth taking a look. Ive posted some screenshots of the program in action on my bird and all the info you need if you want to try it yourself.

Re: How to HACK INTO your 2.0L Sunbird Computer!
Monday, September 18, 2006 4:18 PM
Not anything new, the OBD port communication protocol is an open protocol that is freely available on the net...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: How to HACK INTO your 2.0L Sunbird Computer!
Monday, September 18, 2006 8:51 PM
Thanks for posting a link to a definition file for EFILive. You can still get Carbytes (previous version, freeware) from a few different web sites. Someone "released" proprietary OBDI ALDL datastreams several years ago for almost every GM vehicle used in North America. They can be downloaded form the GMECM page. With those files and some patience, valid ALDL definitions for EFILIVE (and some freeware programs) are possible within a reasonable amount of time.

The 92-94 2.0 OHC Sunbird ECM is somewhat unique in the North American GM market. That ecm interfaces with a European style DIS system and has ignition coil control built in. If you want to do something remarkable, work out the calibration values and locations in that code. Then you'll really be "hacking" into your computer.

-->Slow
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search