Water pump - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Water pump
Wednesday, November 10, 2021 8:00 AM
Hi Al! Sunny is in the shop getting a new timing belt and a water pump is needed.
I am in a bit of a rush but I want to get the best quality pump available.

Does anybody have any ideas where I should go and what would be the best water pump on the market for my 1989 Pontiac Sunbird LE with a 2.0 engine?

Thanks in advance!

Stephen Thompson

Re: Water pump
Wednesday, November 10, 2021 8:35 AM
Stephen Thompson wrote:Hi Al! Sunny is in the shop getting a new timing belt and a water pump is needed.
I am in a bit of a rush but I want to get the best quality pump available.

Does anybody have any ideas where I should go and what would be the best water pump on the market for my 1989 Pontiac Sunbird LE with a 2.0 engine?

Thanks in advance! Also I am in Canada and I'm having a hard time finding one!

Stephen Thompson

Wednesday, November 10, 2021 2:28 PM
Anyone with a lifetime warranty, there is a Bosch one on eBay, also a couple of A/C Delco ones. I would stay away from old stock/ rusted ones so check pics on the ones there. Rock auto lists a few with Gates is the only name brand. Check EBay Canada for some too. Good luck Stephan, because parts are getting harder to find for JBodies, some guys are stocking up the best they can.

Doug in P.R.,😎

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Sunday, January 09, 2022 9:08 AM
Hello, it is best to go to where they sell original parts and pay good money, you have at least a guarantee later and you can give back and they will return the money, but pomp
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search