2.4 ecotec question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 ecotec question
Saturday, October 23, 2021 1:37 PM
i have a 2013 2.4 LEA engine in an equinox. it has the famous high oil use. anyway, i have it in pcs in the shop and i need to know if anyone has fixed the engine so it doesn't use the oil like the original engines did. i have read that the 2015 and newer were redesigned to be better for oil use.

anyway if i can't do this mod. i still have to rebuild this one and i need the rod journal size for standard and the piston size for standard.

I have pistons that i measured at the top of the #1 compression ring to be 3.43" and i took # 2 and # 3 rods and finger tightened the caps on it and measured from the bottom and the top to be 1.936 on both. the other 2 had the top bearings fall out so and i do not know what bearing went to want rod so i did not bother. the bearings look good with no adverse wear or scuffing or grooves. the cylinders i can still see the factory hash marks and it has very little ridge. that was so small that the pistons just pushed up and out

the 2 compression rings opened up and move real free but the oil rings were stuck badly. i can't even move them by hand and when i wire wheeled the rings to clean them the compression rings, of course, moved easily the oil rings would not move at all. they are stuck as stuck can be.

so if anyone can tell me if these numbers sound like they are standard number please let me know so i can order parts and get this back on the road. i have not yet done and measurements for gap as i figure that is pointless for used rings anyway.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search