ode to my daily driver - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ode to my daily driver
Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:32 PM
haven't ever posted pictures before really, but figured I would put up some of my DD.. has a lot of skwirl left-over parts on it, plus a few unique things I've wanted to try that are working out fairly well.

mods are in my registry and up to date.

any updates on this car will be put here.

some older pictures first...

recently re-done door panels:

cobalt steering wheel, cobalt SS t/c front and rear seats, prototype full metal getrag shifter.
the interior is not yet complete.. still need to do the carpet, headliner, finish the dash, seatbelts, and rear interior trim

most recent shot.. I need new rear tires

Re: ode to my daily driver
Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:36 PM
HOLY HELL DOES THIS BRING ME BACK! Damn you PJ!!!!! Looking good man!

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:37 PM
Interior is nice. I'm a fan.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:41 PM
on ebay looking for cobalt seats already lol.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:54 PM
iGTP wrote:HOLY HELL DOES THIS BRING ME BACK! Damn you PJ!!!!! Looking good man!

thanks dude. the GTC and you def made me love the look. I always thought it would have been a good look but didn't see it until ryan and you did it. just made me want it that much more lol

azncav wrote:on ebay looking for cobalt seats already lol.

I got mine for a freakin steal... i originally had the sport buckets in the car but found the SS turbo front and rears and decided to go for it. I still have the sports laying around hint hint.... this is a pic of them..

the SS turbo seats are a LOT nicer though.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:59 PM
i found some red n black SS ones waiting to for a reply on shipping. hoping they would work on using grey hound. what kind of brackets did you use? i think i remember a post about them though.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:05 PM
azncav wrote:i found some red n black SS ones waiting to for a reply on shipping. hoping they would work on using grey hound. what kind of brackets did you use? i think i remember a post about them though.

the plans on the org is what I used. basically just a bunch of 1" square stock I cut and welded together. the seats move you up a tiny bit, but i'm a short guy so it doesn't bother me too much. I took some pictures of the mods I did to the seats as well. You need to remove the inner rail and cut it, then weld in a piece of angle to bring the rail in 1.5" inches (basically one full rail width).

I also welded in a nut thats the right size for the stock driver side seatbelt bolt.

I also used an oxy torch and heated up the seat cushion mounts and flipped them upside down so they would still line up with the seat cushion.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:09 PM
wanna make me some? lol ill pay

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:14 PM
azncav wrote:wanna make me some? lol ill pay

I would but you'd still have to do some massaging to get them to fit... it was a mock up, cut weld. mock up, cut weld. type deal. its honestly sort of a pita to get these in. a LOT of little steps.. took me a full day of work to get both seats done and mounted.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:18 PM
id pay living in an apartment would make that a pita. lol if its possible to replicate your mounts and the one rail. if not its cool though.,

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:20 PM
Looks good man, I like. Do the rear panels match the new fronts?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:29 PM
azncav wrote:id pay living in an apartment would make that a pita. lol if its possible to replicate your mounts and the one rail. if not its cool though.,

I can do that, but I can't 100% promise they will fit. You also need to narrow the slider bar, and the support bracket for the driver seat. Again, I can do it, but without having the seat in front of me I can't 100% promise it will fit without some further massaging on your end.

whitecavy, the rear panels are still stock tan (puke) I haven't touched them yet... I want to do the carpet, headliner, seatbelts and paint them all in one shot.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:38 PM
hey your the one with the extra set of cobalt seats! lol. isnt it possible for you to use it as a base?

Friday, September 23, 2011 4:29 AM
Well look who it is.

Needs disc rears

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Friday, September 23, 2011 4:30 AM
approved but it needs side skirts and a rear bumper ASAP

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, September 23, 2011 4:38 AM
nice job on the interior pj. i really liked the steering wheel swap. ane the window switch panel on the door looks really well as well. nice job.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, September 23, 2011 11:42 AM
wait wait wait, the cobalt steering wheel fits in the cav?!?

I love the door panels! Write up?

Friday, September 23, 2011 3:04 PM
Gotcha, well just work your way from front to back lol. Can't wait to see.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, September 23, 2011 6:09 PM
Meh, ive seen/ talked with you about all these mods for ages now. Its about time you finally posted for the rest of the community though lol

Looking good as always, now you just need to boost it!

Eat my shift
Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:07 AM
how did I miss this thread....did u ever get the airbag working?

GMR has got nothing on this
Saturday, September 24, 2011 1:27 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:how did I miss this thread....did u ever get the airbag working?

not yet, i have to buy the sunfire clockspring so i can hook up the radio controls at the same time

Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:42 PM
Cool keep me updated, car looks good

GMR has got nothing on this
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:20 AM
Love the interior, pretty nice daily driver.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:47 PM
Love the door panels for sure man!!!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:22 PM
Lip looks like a snow plow to me, too thick...other then that car is perfectttttt, loving the interrior

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search