cold air intake makes a popping sound when reved - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cold air intake makes a popping sound when reved
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:15 AM
i have a 03 cavalier and i put an em cold air intake on it and when it is reved it makes a popping sound does ne one know what could be causing this?

Re: cold air intake makes a popping sound when rev
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:14 AM
My 04 does the same thing from the exhaust...... When I turn on the air theres barely any popping noise??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04 Cavy LS Sport

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:33 AM
bump ^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04 Cavy LS Sport

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:42 AM
i have an 03 and i didnt hear any popping what intake did you use i have the AEM made just for the ecotec
Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:05 AM
04 with aem cai. If I put the car in a garage with rear end first I can hear it. I can also hear it when the rear end is close to a wall. I can hear it real good in enclosed areas or when the rear of the car is facing a wall.

04 Cavy LS Sport

Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:07 AM
its probably just your exhaust
you have more air coming in but not more room for it to go out

Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:19 AM
It did it with the stock exhaust. When I put on the magnaflow muffler the popping just got louder......... I only changed the muffler. But when I turn on the air conditioner theres very little to no popping...

04 Cavy LS Sport

Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:40 PM
same with me i dont have an intake all i got is a k&n air filter and took off air bong,also i have no muffler, but when i turn on the ac it goes away it seems to be coming from exhaust.
Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:52 PM
Sounds to me like back pressure thats being released...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search