Vibration difference between prothane mounts and ttr mounts - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vibration difference between prothane mounts and ttr mounts
Saturday, August 04, 2007 9:53 PM
Is there a big difference in vibration between the TTR mounts and the Prothane mounts? I have the insert and lower mount in my cav and absolutely hate them. It's bad enough that at idle it can make my cd player skip. It wouldn't be as bad if I could bring up the idle to about 900RPM. But my question is how much of a difference is there between the mounts? I dont want to give up my mounts with having the autotrans interceptor.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: Vibration difference between prothane mounts and ttr mounts
Sunday, August 05, 2007 12:12 AM
Some have said that the ttr lower gives less vibes, not sure about if the ttr upper would make it worse/better but it is much firmer/stronger than the insert. Ill be switching to a ttr upper from my insert, but I cant see spending $100 on a lower mount, atleast people will see the upper so it will look good lol and give me the most performance for the mod.

And my vibes dont bother me too much and I have an auto with ati as well, unless of course the a/c is on then Ill just hold the throttle up to like 1200 if Im at a light or something.

Sunday, August 05, 2007 8:11 AM
yeah I find myself holding it at 900-1000RPM at lights with the air on. I'm afraid to see how it is when winter arrives.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, August 05, 2007 8:19 AM
Ive heard that the trans mount as a compliment to the motor mounts will reduce vibes. I know TTR is working on an auto mount, and theres already 5spd mounts available....

With prothanes mounts on my auto 2200 i didnt get that many vibes, only when it was time for new plugs or there was some kind of problem... or when the car was having a bad day lol.
Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:31 AM
Hmmm I have SOLID mounts upper / lower / front / rear, theres really no differance in my ride compaired to poly and soild mounts, if thats what your thinkin, but my ride is unique

-Ben

Overall Best times
60' - 1.857 (6/24/07)-(Drag Radials 205-50-15)
330' - 5.552 (6/24/07)-(Drag Radials 205-50-15)
1/8 - 8.690 (7/22/07)-(Conquesrt Radials 195-70-14)
M.P.H. - 81.87 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-79-14)
1000' - 11.274 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-70-14)
1/4 - 13.442 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-70-14)
M.P.H. - 104.08 (7/22/07)-(Conquest Radials 195-70-14)

** ALL MOTOR **
* 181whp @ 7600rpm *
Sunday, August 05, 2007 12:50 PM
Its because you're an auto.

I'm an auto with the TTR upper, and prothane lower.
Have a diff colored TTR lower coming (thanks Aaron).

Basically, you're correct, us autos, and the A/C anything below 900 rpm the car shakes like it wants to fall apart.

Can't get around it unless you get a mani tranny.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Sunday, August 05, 2007 7:01 PM
Mastin is correct. Unfortunately us autos get to suffer through the vibes. I installed the prothane lower mount and upper insert a while back and couldn't take the vibes one bit. Remove the upper insert barely noticed any vibrations. Though, in order to fix my exhaust and for other reasons, I upgraded to the TTR Upper Mount. Now, the vibes are back but not as bad, imo, as the insert. There's a smaller rpm range in which the car shakes so bad, but the benefit of an exhaust that doesn't leak and the car feeling much better during acceleration. As much as the vibes annoy me, I wouldn't take that mount out no matter what. Excellent product. Hoping to upgrade my lower mount soon to TTR's version.

Monday, August 06, 2007 9:22 AM
Honestly, I took out my upper RK mount out and put in the TTR one in, and didn't notice a difference. I left the RK lower one in with each mount and vibes just suck a$$. I turn on the air and the whole entire dash shakes. I love how the mounts make the car feel when accelerating, but the vibes are a pain. Now I have a bunch of rattling and my tranny sounds funny after having them in for about a year and a half.

But on a plus side the TTR one looks a helluv a lot better!!!

Monday, August 06, 2007 12:57 PM
Polo wrote:Honestly, I took out my upper RK mount out and put in the TTR one in, and didn't notice a difference. I left the RK lower one in with each mount and vibes just suck a$$. I turn on the air and the whole entire dash shakes. I love how the mounts make the car feel when accelerating, but the vibes are a pain. Now I have a bunch of rattling and my tranny sounds funny after having them in for about a year and a half.

But on a plus side the TTR one looks a helluv a lot better!!!

hmm werid.. i noticed a huge difference when i went from my rk upper to the ttr upper. ttr is damn hear the same as stock..

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search